• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I was thinking of purchasing a BP rifle for this hunting season. Should it be something new like the .209 primered or the traditional percussion cap? Which brands have you all had the best luck with? I hear that CVA or Traditions are the cheaper ones??, and T/C is great with higher priced models.
    Anybody want to share their experiences with any of these products? I am looking at something inexpensive, but not cheaply made. Thanks to all.:D

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    I was thinking of purchasing a BP rifle for this hunting season. Should it be something new like the .209 primered or the traditional percussion cap? Which brands have you all had the best luck with? I hear that CVA or Traditions are the cheaper ones??, and T/C is great with higher priced models.
    Anybody want to share their experiences with any of these products? I am looking at something inexpensive, but not cheaply made. Thanks to all.:D
    T/C :thumbsup:

You get what you pay for. :innocent0

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    I agree T/C all the way. You can get a nice Triumph for $500.00 new. And of course BP is cash and carry...no background checks of any kind. Now if you get an Encore with the interchangeable barrels, they will do an instant check on you since they can fire centerfire rounds.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I would go with the T/C encore they are a bit more and you will have to go trough a background check. But you have the advantage of being able to switch barrels. you can use the muzzle loader barrel for early deer season then put on a shotgun barrel for small game hunting and then when firearm season comes in you can put on a rifle or slug barrel and be good to go and then when turkey season comes in you just put on the shotgun barrel.
    1 frame and several barrels will have you covered for all your needs.

If you buy the encore frame as a handgun you can have the best of both worlds. use it for a handgun then you can make it into a long gun and be legal.

With the encore you can go to several websites and buy/ trade for good used barrels or you can even go totaly custom.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you want cheap but not cheaply made and you don't have to have a "modern" or 209 one then why not look for a used traditional such as a T/C Hawken?

shrpshtrjoe

Aug 10, 2009
    Cecil Co
    I have a Traditions Pursuit Pro break open it's a 209. It shoots great it's easy to prime I have takin several deer with it. can't say anything bad about it.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom