Any experience with Ameriglo I Dot Pro sights?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    I just bought a set of Ameriglo I dot sights. Reviews look good but I waneed to see what some of you thought. Anyone else have some time with them?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I'm actually interested in these as well, but just the base model. NOT the Pro version.

Also, are there any IPs who have these in stock and will do an install on a g19 for a reasonable fee? I would very much like to support my LGS.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have these on my FNS Compact that I carry daily.

The only reason I have these is because Warren/Sevigny isn't offered for the FNS.

If it's for a Glock I would prefer the Warren/Sevigny carry night sights.

The rear sights on the Ameriglo is pretty large and the sights in general sit high. Also in the dark the lights aren't different colors so you have two dots. The Warren/Sevigny sights actually have different color trititum in them so the front and rear are two different colors even in the dark.

I'm a big fan of these two dot sights as opposed to the standard 3 dots.

MOtoMD

Jan 29, 2013
    MoCo
    I think they're great! I have them on all my handguns. I'm a big fan of the 2-dot sights too.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I have them on one of my G19's that I mainly use for games and I really like them.

I have these on my FNS Compact that I carry daily.

The only reason I have these is because Warren/Sevigny isn't offered for the FNS.

If it's for a Glock I would prefer the Warren/Sevigny carry night sights.

The rear sights on the Ameriglo is pretty large and the sights in general sit high. Also in the dark the lights aren't different colors so you have two dots. The Warren/Sevigny sights actually have different color trititum in them so the front and rear are two different colors even in the dark.

I'm a big fan of these two dot sights as opposed to the standard 3 dots.

Why do you need 2 different color dots on a 2 dot night sight set up? Its impossible to mix them up, if you see a dot over a dot your done. And personally I see the wide rear is a plus for the ameriglo's but that is pure opinion. On the height: I have carried with them a number of times and the sight height wasn't an issue for me and when I shoot they don't seem any higher than any other sights I have shot besides XS big dots.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have them on one of my G19's that I mainly use for games and I really like them.

Why do you need 2 different color dots on a 2 dot night sight set up? Its impossible to mix them up, if you see a dot over a dot your done. And personally I see the wide rear is a plus for the ameriglo's but that is pure opinion. On the height: I have carried with them a number of times and the sight height wasn't an issue for me and when I shoot they don't seem any higher than any other sights I have shot besides XS big dots.

Just my thoughts on the matter. I put Warren Sevigny sights on my G23 and I like them better.

Also these dots are the same size, or at least mine are. With the Warren Sevigny you get a small rear dot and larger front dot as well.

It's just my preference. I use the Amriglo's on my FNS because they are as close as I could get to what I wanted.

They aren't bad they just don't check everything I like. I like a larger front dot and would prefer them to be different colors if they were the same size. I prefer placing that larger front dot on the target and within reason never worrying about that rear dot. It's easier for me with the Warren sights.

If Warren/Sevigny had these for the FNS I wouldn't get the Ameriglo's. They are taller then the carry sights and selling me on racking the slide with the rear sight just doesn't do it for me but I can see where others would like that.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a couple sets and like them. The big "pro" dot on the front is better for quickly lining them up, a U-notch rear matches the big dot a bit better than the square notch. For GLOCKs, you can pair a pro-dot front with a Vickers rear for a great setup. Dot-over-dot is much less cluttered than 3 dot, and a subdued rear tritium insert without a white surround helps keep your focus on the front

turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    All good info. I like the idea of the I dot front and vickers rear, but I like the two dot setup too. The Warren sights are pretty similar. I'll give theses a good chance and maybe try some others for comparison later. Thanks!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    All good info. I like the idea of the I dot front and vickers rear, but I like the two dot setup too. The Warren sights are pretty similar. I'll give theses a good chance and maybe try some others for comparison later. Thanks!

With the Vickers rear night sight, it basically is a 2 dot. Perfect combat sights IMO, lines up really fast, just fire as soon as the dot is anywhere in the notch, and you will hit a man-sized target out to 25 yards. It has a big bright green front day or night(orange rear dot), and just the right amount of space around the rear U-notch to line it up for more precise shooting. Only downside is that they are tall. If you use a square notch rear for the pro-dot, sometimes it cuts off the bottom of the dot a little bit when the top of the sights are level, and will shoot high if you see the complete dot. If they line up properly, then no real downside to the standard I-dots, and they are a little lower/less likely to snag.

20160314_154528.jpg

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I just put a set of I-Dot Pro on my M&P Shield today and like them.
    I have a set of Hackathorn sights (similar but no rear dot, just the front.) on my GLOCK 21 but figured with a shorter sight radius the rear dot may help, and certainly can't hurt.
    Putting the big orange ball in a wide U is pretty easy to do quickly.

turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    Just got the i dot pro sights in today. They look great. I really like the bright orange front around the tritium. Just need to install them now.

Unfortunately I thought the sights would come with the front sight tool, but they did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom