• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    I started reading that, and said "I have too much work to do, I'll stop at bullet point 2." Nope. I ended up reading all of it. That really is the reality of it, and most people do not understand it.

Thanks for posting that. Now, I really need to get back to work.

Bisley, that was directed at you. I still have the e-mail notification and I am going to let my wife and siblings read it. Thanks again.

Where did he get that write-up from? I went to respond to it and it was gone.

No the post about the guy from Bosnia. It was about his experiences during the war there. The post appeared to be an excerpt from a book or article.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?284956-Survival-in-Bosnia-A-Contemporary-Report

Here's the link to the post I posted earlier. After I copied the post here, I remembered a copyright rule here on MDS, so I took it down. But it is a great article with all sort of insights into trade goods, behavior, insights, etc. I love this article and really is relevant when talking about bugging in.

Feb 28, 2013
    Fer zombies?

I want a good broadsword. No sound thataway fer bringin' more of 'em.

Fer Mad Max, or Red Dawn since ain't nobody brought it up, I'm goin' fer the AR.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Most likely my 14.5" AR. It's versatile because I'll be able to pick up either .223 or 5.56! If things got really bad I'd give the short one to my daughter, I'd switch to the 18", and put my wife behind the Mossberg.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Something for everyone in my squad as ammo avails:

1. AR-15
    2. M1A, AR-10
    3. AK, VZ-58, PTR-32
    4. 4595TS Pro
    5. PSL, Mosin
    6. 10/22, Mk22

And my 45-70 lever action when it needs to get really ugly. Then we go to the VEPR 12.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Well if you own 1 you should have the ammo for it. Would suck owning any gun and not have a decent amount for it. I believe the ss192 does a decent job of going through body armor. It is pricey. But once again you gto the gun you should have the ammo.

Well considering the scenarios excluding the bugging in, what happens if you gotta hump it with only what you can carry?
    Once you're out that round you're out

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I'm not bugging out lol .and if I run out I'm in trouble. I do have both a 5 ton and m35a3 to carry ammo if I need to. But no reason to go.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    In this congested urban hell hole there's no where to Bug-Out too.

Every road leading to anywhere will be gridlock. With unprepared idiots trying abscond with your preparedness.

Bug-In only. Shelter, food, generator, guns, ammo, grill, and tasty critters in the backyard.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    In this congested urban hell hole there's no where to Bug-Out too.

Every road leading to anywhere will be gridlock. With unprepared idiots trying abscond with your preparedness.

Bug-In only. Shelter, food, generator, guns, ammo, grill, and tasty critters in the backyard.

Agreed!!

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Very good article, and this struck me: "If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns. Never forget that."

I thought I read about mass seizures in New Orleans after the hurricane. Scary stuff.

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    Very good article, and this struck me: "If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns. Never forget that."

I thought I read about mass seizures in New Orleans after the hurricane. Scary stuff.

If memory serves me, some of the older members would tell you about rifles being collected during the DC sniper event to eliminate suspects.

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    If memory serves me, some of the older members would tell you about rifles being collected during the DC sniper event to eliminate suspects.

I know a MDSP sniper that was interviewed by IA (I'm assuming IA) because he was an avid 2A collector and insanely good shot. The whole "sniper" thing was so over blown. Some of their (Malvo's) shots were at *GASP* 75 yards or more... My 9 year old daughter can do better.

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    I was a police officer in the metro area during that time and didn't hear about any of that, but just because I didn't hear about doesn't mean it didn't happen I guess.

Daveyboysmith

There's a search box?!?!
    Aug 10, 2011
    Ellicott city
    I was a police officer in the metro area during that time and didn't hear about any of that, but just because I didn't hear about doesn't mean it didn't happen I guess.

Fairly certain there is an ancient thread somewhere on here about it. No first hand account from me. Just a recollection of reading it. I was a sophomore in H.S during it.

Boss

Oct 25, 2016
    Just included an AR15 into the SHTF rifle list. I honestly don't think you can have only one SHTF rifle. I think you would need 2 or 3. One for a defensive role and one for a small game hunting role (like a .22 or shotgun).

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Just included an AR15 into the SHTF rifle list. I honestly don't think you can have only one SHTF rifle. I think you would need 2 or 3. One for a defensive role and one for a small game hunting role (like a .22 or shotgun).

Agree. I think a rifle that gets you to 200-300 yards is important along with a carbine. I like my carbines and pistols to use the same ammo and mags.
    addc2d8497e097f19f36e5c61e7dfc7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Unless we are talking fallout, I"m sheltering in place.

You can't just have more than one!
    1) AR
    2) SKS
    3) 308 Hunting Rifle
    4) AR

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads