• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Just curious to what you guys is SHTF rifle is? And what set ups are on it ? For example an-15 with an aimpoint , vertical grip , sling , light etc. just wanna know you guys is have ready for the end of days :)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Probably Colt 6721 bone stock with sling and Magpul MBUS.

Not the sexiest or most pimped, but most reliable and I figure any parts, ammo and mags would be most readily available.

Others considered if not being realistic would be stainless tactical Mini 14 or Henry Big Boy in 44 mag.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Whatever is close by. I don't keep anything I don't have full faith in, so there's plenty of options available.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Colt 6920 SOCOM. Have a geisselle 2 stage in it and a cheap Sightmark HWS but otherwise not fooled around with. Also has a SureFire light on the rail (M951 I think)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if i had to be on the run/move, i'd pick my 16" (comp included) Armalite AR-15 with plastic fore end (A4), topped with an eotech. as light and compact as you can get (outside of NFA). now if i were defending my "fortress" from a rooftop, i'd have the LR308 ready to go. but no way i'm carrying that more than a few yards or shooting it offhand (heavy 24" barrel and rig).

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    For all intensive purposes let's just say rage zombies.
    Good ol Friday Fun, plus I wanna know how to set my rifle up :D

Welp!

Zombies require head shots.

Soooo, I'm thinking the rifle should be set-up with optics. And possibly a flash light with mega lumens. For night time head shots.

Thinking 1-4 for a scope, but I'm a huge 2-7 fan.

PS: Can Zombies see bright lights at night? Or are they triggered by movement alone when starved for a brain buffet?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Zombie Apocalypse: I would use my Ruger 10/22 with 3-9 scope, and Silencerco Sparrow. I can take 100 yard head shots all day long with that thing.

Mad Max Apocalypse: My 5.56 12" SBR with Omega can, Aim Point RDS, and white light (since it is Mad Max I get a vehicle as well to carry plenty of ammo and my backup SKS since it is the Tom Hardy MM vs. Mel Gibson MM.)

Mad Max + Zombie Apocalypse: my 300 BLK 10" SBR with Omega, RDS, and all of my subsonic rounds. I would also probably keep my 5.56 SBR upper (12" with the Omega ASR mount) in my backpack. I'm not quite sure of the literary canon when you mix Zombie and Mad Max, so I don't know if I get a car in this scenario or not.

One Second After Apocalypse: Nothing says Hi and GTFO like a Ma Deuce :party29:

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Dpms recon .308 with a 4- 14 scope and Magpul mbus with a bipod and magpul moe fixed rifle stock and 2 point sling. P95 for close in and a plethora of stabbies and hackers for closer than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom