• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    The MSI Annual meeting will be held on September 17 at the Annapolis Elks Lodge (2 Pythian Drive Edgewater, MD 21037)

Executive Members meet from 1:30p-3:00p

Sustaining/Regular Members meet from 3:00p-5:00p

During the Executive meeting, executive members will be able to nominate, and vote on the open positions. This year we have 3 Board of Directors positions up for vote, as well as all of the officers (as is done each year). Below is a list of each position and the associated responsibilities. If you want direct input into how MSI is run and want to help it succeed in the future, please consider running for one of these positions! We welcome competition!

Board of Directors (3 positions)
    The board of directors is charged with steering the organization to be well managed, ensuring the goals of the organization are currently being met, as well as ensuring they continue to be met in the future.

President
    The president of the organization is the central figure who performs tasks aimed at developing the organizations vision, holding interviews with the press, as well as keeping a close eye on 2A related current events and responding accordingly.

Vice-President
    The vice president assists the president in his duties, and steps in for him as needed.

Treasurer
    The treasurer is responsible for general financial oversight. Those duties include maintaining the books, developing a budget, reimbursing expenses, etc.

Secretary
    The secretary is responsible for assisting the board to ensure it functions smoothly. The secretary is responsible for taking minutes, managing emails, and other clerical tasks as required.

The board and the officers meet once a month to discuss and plan MSI business. There is also frequent email communication between the board and officers.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or contact us at info@marylandshallissue.org

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Are the MSI By Laws posted anywhere or otherwise available to members? I have always wondered about the eligibility, nomination and voting process. Unfortunately, even if I had the time - and I don't - I don't know what the process is. I don't recall ever having an opportunity to vote. If more understand the process it might promote more involvement.

I attend the MSI meetings, pitch in at a booth here or there when I can, donate, attend the HPRB meetings and post what I view as good strategies and try to provide constructive criticism, attend the Patriot Picket events when available, and try to find other ways to network to effectively communicate many of our common interests. I suspect others are willing to do the same. MSI might provide an organizational framework for them to get more involved and having the By Laws available might help spread the word of how MSI is supposed to work as an organization.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Are the MSI By Laws posted anywhere or otherwise available to members? I have always wondered about the eligibility, nomination and voting process. Unfortunately, even if I had the time - and I don't - I don't know what the process is. I don't recall ever having an opportunity to vote. If more understand the process it might promote more involvement.

I attend the MSI meetings, pitch in at a booth here or there when I can, donate, attend the HPRB meetings and post what I view as good strategies and try to provide constructive criticism, attend the Patriot Picket events when available, and try to find other ways to network to effectively communicate many of our common interests. I suspect others are willing to do the same. MSI might provide an organizational framework for them to get more involved and having the By Laws available might help spread the word of how MSI is supposed to work as an organization.

The bylaws are not currently posted anywhere publicly, they were posted at one time, in the MSI forums on the MSI website.

As for the nomination and election process, currently the nominations come from Executive members and the Executive members vote on and elect the Officers and BOD members. Further, currently, the EMs are the only ones that vote at all on anything, and that includes changing the bylaws.

At this upcoming annual meeting, there are proposed changes to the bylaws to open up voting to any member in good standing for 2 years, as well as nomination to be an officer or a member of the BOD.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    To our membership: Please come. We need to hear your voices and your concerns. This is your organization.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville

MSI members of course have the right to view the bylaws, PM me and I'll get you a copy.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    MSI Annual Meeting & Elections!

If I'm understanding this correctly, that's great for EMs, but what about the peanut gallery?

A better question is why don't you fully support MSI by becoming an EM and help prioritize and guide MSI's efforts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If I'm understanding this correctly, that's great for EMs, but what about the peanut gallery?

A very valid question and one I have been trying to get backend support so we can post documents. That is now in place, so now to find the time to post documents so the "peanut gallery" can see them.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend the meeting this weekend. Is somebody going to have video/audio of the HQL case rollout?

I'm working on an email update right now. We got confirmation last night that Mr Hansel will be unable to come to our meeting as he is with his ailing father right now. We will schedule a later date for a briefing from him. But I understand that a draft of the lawsuit exists.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I am interested in this but was not sure if the process. How does one apply?

Any MSI member may read the bylaws. If you are a member, PM me your email and I will get you a copy. The application process for becoming an EM will soon likely become moot if the changes to the bylaws succeeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom