• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Looks pretty good. I like the fact you can use it with a smart phone.
    I went with a Laserlyte cartridge and "shootoff" free software.
    The software works pretty well and you have nothing to lose. If you have a projector, you can use it to project various scenarios or you can use paper targets or what ever you like as a target.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Got it today. Played with it for about 3 minutes. Seems like a decent training tool. Hopefully get more time to play with it in the next few days

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a Laserlyte. I like how this gives instant feedback.
    I downloaded their target and printed it out. Installed the app on the phone and propped up my iphone.
    Well, the Laserlyte laser seems to work with the app on my initial trials holding the laster in my hand.
    Will need to test it with a gun.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Thanks! I understand the need for dryfire but want better feedback. If I could set up a 10 meter 3 position range in the basement I could get serious practice without leaving the house.....I just cant tell if the angle works with prone...

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    bumpski- has anyone tried this with rifles from prone?

Your bumpski on the old thread was great. I've been dry firing in my basement for a while trying to practice for high power matches. I made a target scaled to look like a standard 200 match target at 50ft. Then set it up on a far wall in my basement. It's been good practice. I just imagine shooting, practice finding my NPOA and basic timing between shots. I would log shots as I called them. So that's all well and good but I was thinking that practice could be better.

Well I just got the 223 Laserlyte tonight and I can say it's really going to make home practice sessions better.

I attached me iPhone to my spotting scope then fired away. It worked surprisingly well.

176cd90f28aa4c2958bba6e40656937b.jpg

0ef7e03965c114974ba635ec73bb7ffa.jpg

ddea2274b73080a26b816aa8c49e8543.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    This seems like it would work much better with a DA gun than with a striker fired pistol. It would be a pain in the butt to break grip to cock the gun each shot.

This would be very interesting if there were larger targets and even multiple targets that could be used simultaneously with a single phone. It would be great to have a couple of targets to practice transitions and have timing drills. Maybe that will be V2.0?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    This seems like it would work much better with a DA gun than with a striker fired pistol. It would be a pain in the butt to break grip to cock the gun each shot.

This would be very interesting if there were larger targets and even multiple targets that could be used simultaneously with a single phone. It would be great to have a couple of targets to practice transitions and have timing drills. Maybe that will be V2.0?

I think you'd be looking at an exponential price increase.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

Well, trigger pull would be different.
    I had used my P38 and it did help me on my DA shooting, but not as accurate in SA
    With Laserlyte, you can buy multiple targets, cans that pop etc.
    Even with this, you may be able to use multiple phones but I would not plan on them doing multiple targets as the phone only has one camera.

HEre ya go, you can buy a few of these
    https://www.amazon.com/CheapShot-Ta...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=300B9E7TS99861AACS2H

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

There is a pc based software out there that can use multiple cameras and targets. I'll try to find a link when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You are using the phone camera through a scope?

Yes I set it up this way because I wanted to see my shots as I fired them, just like in a real match.

Here is the other product. https://lasrapp.com.

This software runs on a PC and can use Wifi WebCams or a USB camera to record shots on multiple targets. Also they sell some sort of device that works in AR15 or semi auto pistols that allow multiple shots. Not sure how it may be battery operated or something that resets the fire control mechanism.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Seems like a pretty cool tool. I use the MantisX trainer. It works on multiple guns, dry or live fire. It is frustratingly picky but it has improved my pistol shooting for sure.....
    I believe the iTarget looks like more fun and might be easier to keep you engaged and more willing to practice more often.....
    https://mantisx.com/

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I am in the process of making my own laser target just picked some components should be able to have it made for under $50

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom