• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I have an unopened 9mm lock I'd trade for a 45 lock.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I have had the law read to me, and also read it myself. I find the way it is worded is that a lock MUST BE SOLD with each handgun purchase. There are some FFL's who do bend the rules a tad, and I believe the MDSP look the other way mostly, but I trust them only so far. ALL FLL's in MD are under a microscope, as we are NOT a 2A Friendly state this could come back to bite a shop right square in the tush. Just my $.02.

SB211 from 2000 says:
    A DEALER MAY NOT SELL, OFFER FOR SALE, RENT, OR TRANSFER IN THE
    9 STATE ANY HANDGUN MANUFACTURED ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2002 UNLESS
    10 THE HANDGUN IS SOLD, OFFERED FOR SALE, RENTED, OR TRANSFERRED WITH AN
    11 EXTERNAL SAFETY LOCK

The gun must be sold, rented or transferred with an external safety lock.
    The law does NOT say that the lock must be sold with the gun.

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Folks. This is a sad STATE of affairs we have here. What A-holes we have making laws in this state. If they could see this thread and realize how stupid it makes them look. GEE-MA-NEE-CRICKET. I wish all the idiots who make these laws would just disappear. Maybe I'll wake up one day and realize this is just all a bad dream.

By the way I'm in North East Baltimore. PM me. I have a 9 mm bore and a .40 cal bore lock. XDM 40, 92FS. I'll lend them out to who ever wants. Shoot! Maybe we can go gun shopping and you can give back to me when I get in my car.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Folks. This is a sad STATE of affairs we have here. What A-holes we have making laws in this state. If they could see this thread and realize how stupid it makes them look. GEE-MA-NEE-CRICKET. I wish all the idiots who make these laws would just disappear. Maybe I'll wake up one day and realize this is just all a bad dream.

If the liberty-challenged in-duh-viduals who came up with these laws read this thread, they would declare the machinations we have to go through as a victory. Their desire is to do anything they can to cause delay and expense when we try to exercise this particular enumerated Right. Their irrational fear of a tool allows them to rationalize irrational laws.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I have one in .45ACP located in Northern Harford Co. if someone needs to borrow it. I purchased a Rifle at Freedom Armory in Shrewsberry PA, gentleman said he needed to give me a lock for it but if I wanted to I could donate it back for the next guy who purchases a rifle, so that's what I did and that would be great if it was done everywhere that way but I understand rules are rules and some aren't worth tarnishing your FFL over.

Just loaned my .45 lock to Scrovak 3/7/12. See this thread is working already. I'll let ya know when he gives it back.

Last edited:

matt.ruszala

Jan 31, 2012
    NorthEast Baltimore City
    Yup

Unbelievable. Imagine living with one of those idiots. I'd have to hang myself so the idiorts can't blame guns.

If the liberty-challenged in-duh-viduals who came up with these laws read this thread, they would declare the machinations we have to go through as a victory. Their desire is to do anything they can to cause delay and expense when we try to exercise this particular enumerated Right. Their irrational fear of a tool allows them to rationalize irrational laws.

Nats Fan

Feb 19, 2009
    .45 Bore lock

Picking up new Sig 1911 on Monday.

Need a .45 bore lock for trade ( I have a 9mm) or borrow.

Ellicott City

Thanks

Nats Fan

Feb 19, 2009
    Never got the PM with some internet issues.

My apologies but still in need of the lock

Thanks

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    And now courtesy of Streetgang's generosity, I have an approved .22 internal lock to loan.
    It should work for any .22 - short, long, LR, Win mag - with a barrel length up to about 6".
    (If you have to actually install it before walking out the door... :innocent0)

Now I'm just waiting for the SR22 to be Marylandistan-approved. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom