• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    And now i'm concerned some of these departments that need to check on me are closed and I'll be stuck in limbo till who know's when.
    Applied March 9th and no update yet.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I feel the same way about my CCW. I put off the training and application for years and finally decided to get it over with. The application was accepted on February 26.

They can take up to 90 days to address your application. My time frame was rather long--with nothing. Then I got an investigator call, setting up an interview for a week later. She called my references the morning of my Wednesday interview. At the interview she requested some additional documentation; I provided it mid-late afternoon. She said she would forward everything to Reisterstown Rd. that afternoon. The following Tuesday morning I had an email notifying me that a decision had been made.

Long and short, things went really slow until they went really fast. Patience grasshopper.

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    Well I was worried for nothing went active as of 3/27/2020. Anyone know how long it usually take to get hql in hand once not disapproved?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Some instructors have access to private ranges ;)

Are there any ranges open to do the live fire?

Just to reiterate, the fully online Texas Hunter safety class is accepted as training, and you can do the class at your own pace. There is no need to hunt around for a class (no pun intended).

The MDSP even accepts the "temporary" certificate you get after completing the class, you dont have to wait for the certificate in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom