• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blkhawk870

Nov 15, 2014
    Baltimore County
    What is the point of the takedown feature with a barrel this short? It seems rather useless considering it only saves a few inches for storage. Am I missing something?

The only advantage I can see is that you could leave a suppressor mounted to the short barrel while in a backpack. Other than that I can't see a reason to remove the barrel.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hmm - is this an AR9 killer? Think I would rather have a non-take down with a 7.5" barrel, but still this looks like a nice setup.

[EDIT] Course with an AR9 I can choose what ever trigger, grip, and hand guard I want.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Picked mine up last week. haven't had any time to shoot it yet. maybe this coming Sunday. it's a lot smaller than I had thought it would be. has some heft to it as well. I may put a 3 lug adapter on the end to run my 3 lug cans.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I'm sold if a 8-10" barrel becomes available without paying for custom gunsmithing.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Picked mine up last week. haven't had any time to shoot it yet. maybe this coming Sunday. it's a lot smaller than I had thought it would be. has some heft to it as well. I may put a 3 lug adapter on the end to run my 3 lug cans.

Where did you get yours and for how much?

Finding guns like this in Maryland is difficult. I'm in Montgomery County and the only gun store I knew about that sold handguns left. Since then, the only gun store close to me was Dick's. (They were going to open one in Bethesda, but when the townsfolk found out they were going to sell guns (gasp!) and ammunition (double gasp!), the next thing I knew was, they ain't coming!

Since then, I haven't found a place to buy pistols, rifles or ammo.

I figure my best bet is in Frederick.

The way things are, it's ironic that the places that sell large caliber guns and ammo that would stop grizzlies in their tracks, have been shut down by something so small it can't even be seen. Not even by their most expensive scopes.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD

Finding guns like this in Maryland is difficult. I'm in Montgomery County and the only gun store I knew about that sold handguns left. Since then, the only gun store close to me was Dick's. (They were going to open one in Bethesda, but when the townsfolk found out they were going to sell guns (gasp!) and ammunition (double gasp!), the next thing I knew was, they ain't coming!

The way things are, it's ironic that the places that sell large caliber guns and ammo that would stop grizzlies in their tracks, have been shut down by something so small it can't even be seen. Not even by their most expensive scopes.

Huh?
    Gun shops have been deemed essential and are open. The past month has seen record sales on guns and ammo ACROSS the USA.

Montgomery County? Engage Armament is up your way. GREAT shop and great group of people there.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

I bought mine from Big Dogs in King George VA. I'd have to look at the receipt, But I believe I paid $649.00 + tax ish.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

How do you not already know how many IP's are so close to you?

You didn't specify your location, but you mentioned Bethesda.

As already mentioned, Engage is in Rockville. So is United Gun shop. Atlantic Guns has locations in Rockville and Silver Spring.

There are more options close to you than you would find in Frederick.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    is it cash and carry from out of state?
    Are you a MD resident?
    Is it classified as a carbine or pistol?
    thanks

it's a pistol. so its cash and carry for VA residents ( which I am) you can buy 1 in Va and transfer it to a MD dealer. or have a Md dealer order you 1.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Finding guns like this in Maryland is difficult. I'm in Montgomery County

I just made an expensive (good for them!) visit time Atlantic Guns in Rockville yesterday. Open 10 to 2 Monday through Friday during this mess. They are very happy to take care of you. Watched several new customers picking up their first handguns while I was filling out a 4473 on the the hood of my truck in their parking lot.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Gun Review: Ruger PC Charger 9mm Pistol

03102019392-700x394.jpg

I want one of these in 45 APC. Same brace as shown above.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019

From where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom