• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thanks for the review. Which one would you choose between the two brands?

Honestly, if you blind folded me I couldn’t tell the difference. I’d go purely on cost. Note that the Grabhill cans are 1 ounce less than Keystone, so consider the cost/ounce.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    LOL! Screenshot of a search. Right there in the dog food department. Hahaha!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-09 graybill canned meats - safesearch norton com Yahoo Search Results.jpg
      Screenshot_2020-04-09 graybill canned meats - safesearch norton com Yahoo Search Results.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 223

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Can anybody find canned ground beef currently IN STOCK? I can find out of stock but we’ll let you order places. But looks like nobody has it in stock.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Honestly, if you blind folded me I couldn’t tell the difference. I’d go purely on cost. Note that the Grabhill cans are 1 ounce less than Keystone, so consider the cost/ounce.

Thanks. I’ll get a few of one or the other when available.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Can anybody find canned ground beef currently IN STOCK? I can find out of stock but we’ll let you order places. But looks like nobody has it in stock.

How much of that stuff are you loading up on bro?
    Stop eating your stash!

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    When we are in the pet food isle and a stranger is nearby I ask the wife
    why can't we have Bumble Bee instead of Little Friskies for lunch.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Can’t find Rapa scrapple here in middle TN. Closest thing is souse.

Though i do buy some when I get back to MD and keep in the freezer. Only 1 lonely pack remains. Haven’t been back to MD in a long time.
    See if you can find a Food Lion. Our local Food Lion in Georgia carries it.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I don't think you are supposed to reuse those lids for canning..

Have you done canning? Because I grew up doing this stuff and mom never threw away a jelly jar or anything that has a lid like those. Those jars sealed and the clicker sank down. I turned them upside down to make sure the floating meat got pickled too, no leaks. Actually, we reused them several times until they don't sink and click and then you eat those this week or two. You can't reuse the Ball jar lids as they bend when you pop them off.

Stop buy next year, I'll be making a lot more. I'll supply the pickled meat and the beer. ;)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Now, corned beef hash...totally different situation. Fried onions, ketchup, and a fried egg on top, now we're talking!

I love corned beef hash from a can and homemade. I take the can stuff and mix it with batter and make corned beef hash waffles.

It's canned so kept in a stable temp and not damaged it will easily last twice that.

Guess it never expires then

THis.

Canned foods will stay edible as long as the integrity of the can remains intact. 30 years from now, if the can looks fine and the contents smell fine, you can eat it.

I have a bunch of canned corned beef/bully beef I got from my parent's basement when I cleared their house out back in the Summer of '05. I've been saving it for TEOTWAWKI, and this might be as close as I ever get.

Anyway, there are no dates on the cans. My father died in 2000, so it's no newer than the nineties, could easily be from the eighties. 25 - 30 years old, say.

So one of these days soon I'm going to try it. I don't have any potatoes, but i appreciate any simple recipes.

You'll love it. Cook it in a skillet outside, on a single propane bottle stove, on your truck's tailgate, in your bathrobe.

Preferably while commando.

Life doesn't get any better. :innocent0

I do have a propane stove and a bathrobe...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ill stick to hormel canned chilli without beans. Basically beef (snouts and tails) and chili powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom