$71.00 FOR 2012-2013 MD HUNTING LICENSE...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    THOUGHTS ? CONCERNS ? COMMENTS ?

I did send Paul Peditto and email this morning asking for the facts, but, the partial article below is basically what is happening this year, and next year, it gets even worse. Read and... enjoy ? - SOMDSHOOT

"Your $24.50 license will increase to $40, but will no longer be good for turkey hunting. A $10 stamp will be required to hunt the thunder chickens.

Bow and muzzleloader stamps will remain at $6 apiece, according to Peditto. The state migratory bird stamp will still be $9.

Thus, $71 instead of $45 will be required for the do-everything hunter in 2012.

Then comes the 2013-2014 season.

A new super-consolidated license costing $95 will become available. That license would allow a person to hunt everything in Maryland: small game, deer (gun, bow, muzzleloader), turkeys, doves, geese, ducks, furbearers and will also include trapping." FULL ARTICLE HERE

SEND COMPLAINTS HERE:
    Paul Peditto

Director - Maryland Dept Of Natural Resources

Wildlife & Heritage Service
    Tawes State Office Building E1
    580 Taylor Avenue
    Annapolis, MD 21401-2397
    410-260-8549
    ppeditto@dnr.state.md.us

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    This will likly make me not go for water fowl this year as thats all I hunt. I have to also buy the fed stamp and a 40 fee for the DNR hunting sites. Just not worth it.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't have any Md. state owned hunting land anywhere near where I hunt.

Can someone tell me what these fees go for? Or are supposed to go for?

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    I think if it pushes much higher it will reach the tipping point and many more people will go without licenses.

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    I think if it pushes much higher it will reach the tipping point and many more people will go without licenses.

I wonder what the fine is if youre caught hunting without a license but following all other rules?

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    More than anything it makes the next generation hunters not able to afford to get into the sport. Entry level gun $250-$300, optics $50-$200, camo $200,Treesatand $300 and on and on. Many will probably go without a license unfortunately. I hunt and fish in several states and spend a ton of money on permits and they have gotton out of control everywhere.

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    This is typical when a non-hunter is put in charge of a hunting program. You see this in all aspects of government. They should be encouraging more new hunters, the excise taxes on hunting equipment and much of the license fees pay for game lands and wilderness areas. This will reduce the number of new hunters, to the joy of animal rights groups, create more deer collisions, make insurance rates go up, body shops will get more business and drivers will pay for the repairs or deductibles. They should lower license costs and come up with more cost effective ways to enforce the regulations. I can't understand why they removed the requirement to display the hunting license on your back.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    If you hunt on your own property, still don't need a license right?
    Unless something has changed, you may hunt your own land without license but must follow the game seasons. You must report the deer, and the procedure for reporting one without having a license is the same as if you hit one with your car and wanted to take it.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    does all the money go to DNR or to general fund? I dont mind supporting the resource but MD has more than enough of my tax money already

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Extortion, pure and simple. It's a tax increase and a huge one at that. Will I pay it? Yes, but I'll grumble all the way. I've not had many run ins with the DNR, but the few that I've had have been unpleasant. 'Where are your papers', followed by a thorough invasive inspection of your equipment, all when you're trying to get out of doors and get the hell away from everyone.

Here's a real life example. I had my boat out on the lake at Black Hills regional park several years ago. I was fishing with my son. It was starting to get into the prime fishing time in the evening. An attractive lady in a kayak decides to head our way. I'm thinking to myself, 'Oh great another libtard who wants me to tell them everything I know about fishing, instead of staying the hell away from us and letting us fish.'

She approaches the boat with a smile and then she identifies herself as DNR. I have to show her all of our safety equipment and our fishing licenses. Do I look like the kind of guy that would fish without a license and proper safety equipment?

In the mean time, 'Paco and Taco' on the shore who are fishing with nothing more than a spool of line, a hook, and a sinker (no pole) go completely unchecked. Thanks for ruining my fishing trip DNR. Next time PROFILE! I'm legal, they're not.

There are other fishing examples, but thankfully none from hunting ... yet. In total, I've had 5 times when I've been approached by the DNR in the last 35 years. Every time they've ruined my fishing, demanded to see my license, and done it rudely. If you were more polite, friendly, and considerate, I wouldn't mind the fee increase.

More importantly, do I look I break the law? Go after the illegals that litter, and take fish illegally. I'm strictly a catch and release guy that uses barbless hooks.

I am all for conservation and the enforcement of hunting and fishing regulations. I am not in favor of being forced to pay for a police force that continues to grow in size and becomes increasingly invasive.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I emailed him complaining, be sure to mention that the TOLL increases & this will make it much more expensive for those living on the western shore to go waterfowl hunting.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Wow , I got a fast response. Looks like the article was wrong:o

Jake -
    Not sure where you heard this info but the legislature did not approve a license fee increase this year. As for you 'representative', are you a MD resident? If so I can put you in touch with the correct person and would be happy to help you become better informed about the state of our fish and wildlife agency budget. If you want to continue to have the opportunity to use those public lands you referenced and/or have sound science guide our decisions on hunting and trapping, we will need to find new sources of revenue . . . or raise fees in the future.

Thank you
    Paul Peditto
    Director
    MD DNR - WHS

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads