• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    My boat is registered in MD but but when it expires in 2013 I will register it in either FL or DE. It sits on my trailer in my back yard except for 20 days a year when I take it out on the water. I may bring it down to my in-laws in Tampa during the off season.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    If you have a Federally regisered vessel, the MD sticker is $5 per year. The Federal registration is free.
    ps: there is a large fine (and more) if they find you are keeping a out of state registered boat in MD for more than 30 days.
    Every now and then DNR cruises the docks at Marinas and notes boats with OOS registration. They then come back later and see if they are still there. It's not so much about the registration fee as the tax on the value.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Yep, looks like gas is likely to put a lot of boaters out of commission this year. I have a 230 gallon tank and it hurts to fill it up. Going to do it this weekend as I don't see prices dropping anytime soon. To make matters worse our dear leader O'Malley thinks an additional 6% increase in gas taxes would be a good idea at this time.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I slip my boat in DC a few months out of the year and I can count on a visit from the harbor police telling me I have to register my boat in DC.

Forgot about the 6% sales tax.
    Glad I sold my 31' last year, all these costs will just make selling a boat more difficult since it shrinks the pool of people that can afford it.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    What has the Maryland been doing with all the taxes they collect on gasoline sold for off road use? Thought is was to support boating/recreational activities. I know I burned enough fuel that I paid over $170 is state fuel taxes at the gas dock.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    What has the Maryland been doing with all the taxes they collect on gasoline sold for off road use? Thought is was to support boating/recreational activities. I know I burned enough fuel that I paid over $170 is state fuel taxes at the gas dock.

As far as I know, there has never been a separate fund, the money goes into the Transportation (road) fund, then is stolen for the general fund.

If anyone knows for certain this is wrong, please reply.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    As far as I know, there has never been a separate fund, the money goes into the Transportation (road) fund, then is stolen for the general fund.

This is correct, worst part is the do it with DIESEL too (which is readily available in NON -road tax variety )

Total ********.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty

Such BS, I buy fuel in VA if I can. At least they give you back 17cents a gallon refund.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Such BS, I buy fuel in VA if I can. At least they give you back 17cents a gallon refund.
    Even if you live in MD you qualify for the VA fuel tax refund. You just have to save your VA marinia fuel reciepts and submit the required form. My boat has a 68 gallon tank and I mostly fill up on land at whatever gas station is the cheapest but sometimes when I am at Tim's II Rivershore, I will top off at the nearby VA marina.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    I found this on another web site, link to Maryland Saltwater Sportfishing Assoc. page for notifying public officials about opposition to the increase.

"Like the rest of you I do not want to have to pay more for my outdoor activities if I don't have to - hunting, fishing/boating.
    Follow this link to the MSSA website and let your voice be heard.

http://www.votervoice.net/core.aspx...28&atid=20908&siteid=0&app=GAC&isvisited=true

It couldn't be easier - fill in your info on the lower right and enter your signature at the end of the letter. After you hit send it will tell you all of the people that the letter went to based on your location. "

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Even if you live in MD you qualify for the VA fuel tax refund. You just have to save your VA marinia fuel reciepts and submit the required form. My boat has a 68 gallon tank and I mostly fill up on land at whatever gas station is the cheapest but sometimes when I am at Tim's II Rivershore, I will top off at the nearby VA marina.

Yep, but keep fuel receipts from gas station and marina purchases of fuel.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    The most unapologetic tax-and-spend liberal I've ever witnessed. Typical of politicians on both sides of the aisle he sees a re-election as a mandate for his most extreme positions and policies which he promptly imposes upon his subjects.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Unless they have changed it, any offroad use is refundable; I was unaware it had to be business related, it never was in the past. Its just that few people outside of watermen took the time to request the refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom