• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No problem there, most people I know register in DE anyway.

i thought they just raised the fee not too long ago..

the price of gas this summer will kill you first

sold my boat last spring, one of the best days!

Yeah, the price of gas is probably gonna be the killer this summer. I am surprised the boat registration fees have stayed so low for so long, I completely expected such a "luxury" to be heavily taxed some time back.

DNR regularly does sweeps for out of state boats being regularly used in MD ... according to COMAR ... there is a USE tax on boats ... pretty much always has been, so don't think this is something new that's being 'put upon us'

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    looks like I will register in DE. It costs me more to have my MD registration now if I add the need to pay for a ramp certificate in Delaware with my current out of state registration.
    I use it more in DE anyhow.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Yeah, the price of gas is probably gonna be the killer this summer. I am surprised the boat registration fees have stayed so low for so long, I completely expected such a "luxury" to be heavily taxed some time back.

DNR regularly does sweeps for out of state boats being regularly used in MD ... according to COMAR ... there is a USE tax on boats ... pretty much always has been, so don't think this is something new that's being 'put upon us'

Yep, looks like gas is likely to put a lot of boaters out of commission this year. I have a 230 gallon tank and it hurts to fill it up. Going to do it this weekend as I don't see prices dropping anytime soon. To make matters worse our dear leader O'Malley thinks an additional 6% increase in gas taxes would be a good idea at this time.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!:banghead:

I slip my boat in DC a few months out of the year and I can count on a visit from the harbor police telling me I have to register my boat in DC.

DeadIDik

Habitual Line Stepper!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Monkton - Kurt Wala 1952-2009
    Just like the guys crying in the Historic tags thread about it not being about money when we know everything in this state is about money. They wonder why people are fleeing this state like its a sinking ship. If it wasnt for the government employment around here there would be no one left.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Not wishing to thread steal, but believe this is only part of a bigger picture. As one posted earlier Fishing License will increase as well.....

And for Hunters, stand by, as your License next season may reach $95.00......
    No kidding....

R

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    They wonder why people are fleeing this state like its a sinking ship. If it wasnt for the government employment around here there would be no one left.

No fleeing please. If you do that, I'm going to blame you personally for budget shortfalls. However, it's okay by me if you want to ride on a sinking ship as long as you pay the new registration fees.

Remember Marylanders: Paying taxes isn't just Patriotic, it's the right thing to do and can even be fun! For example, think about the amusing challenge of calculating 7% sales taxes mentally while you wait in the checkout line.

Vote Martin O'Malley President-For-Life in 2016!

1198-1-1668b.jpg

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    REGISTER YOUR BOAT TRAILER IN MAINE. It's perfectly legal and only $110 for 10 YEARS. I did it, sold my boat, and passed the tag to the buyer. Screw this state, They wanted $127 per year. That's why you see so many tractor trailers registered to Maine.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Just like the guys crying in the Historic tags thread about it not being about money when we know everything in this state is about money. They wonder why people are fleeing this state like its a sinking ship. If it wasnt for the government employment around here there would be no one left.

100% correct

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No problem there, most people I know register in DE anyway.

It will be interesting to see if revenues drop because people do this. It may just work as well as the "millionaire's tax" they tried a couple of years ago.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    My wife retires in a few years then we can leave this friggin state.
    Glad I sold my boat last year!
    As for Hunting; looks like I’ll have shoot deer in my yard this year. I'm not paying $95 for a license. It's not about the money, it’s the principle.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    It will be interesting to see if revenues drop because people do this. It may just work as well as the "millionaire's tax" they tried a couple of years ago.

Been happening for quite a While. I'm not talking about guys poking around in 19 footers either, I'm talking 2 and $300k dollar boats, big boys with money to burn.

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Well, I'll say this for O'Malley, he fits right into the Democrat mode on tax and spend. Just wait until he runs for President in 2016. He'll make Obama look like a piker when it comes to spending. If this guy is ever elected president we will look at Obama's administration as "the good old days."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom