• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    That's great that they are into the outdoors. If you haven't already, next time you go to front royal, stop to "The Melting Pot". Fantastic pizza, and make sure to order it with Pizzaz sauce (just a little kick).
    Thanks for the information. I will have to remember that. I hope to go back later this year.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Remember the one killed right on 100 and 295 a few years back? After that there was several sighted on North Tract/Meade property. Bears in AACo, too close for me! :)

MH

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yup, they're spreading out. Unfortunately, DNR will not turn me loose on them, so far, after 2 years of attempting the "lottery".. Once I get out there, we'll be fine.

Anyone remember the one tooling around Baltimore County a few years back?.. I'm coming up 795 one evening and the area around Owings Mills Blvd was lined with Balto. County's finest. Right about that time they were taliking about it on the radio.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    mom was no where to be found, we figure it came outa the watershed. dnr said the week before they had numerous calls on a mother and 2 cubs.

Splitter- i have some not so good pics if i can find um ill put um up

i guess it was 8 years or so ago, we had a bear in hampstead. it was spotted on south of gill ave. my self and some FH friends went on a hunt and spotted it on the rail rad tracks north of shiloh rd.

there here, just gotta keep your eyes open.

J.Brown

Apr 3, 2008
    Hampstead
    heres the pic of the cub in frederick, kinda tough to see, but its the black thing up nea the top. frederick news post had a article and better pics.

the pic is sideways by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
      IMG_0062.jpg
      146 KB · Views: 54
    • IMG_0063.jpg
      IMG_0063.jpg
      149 KB · Views: 54

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    WOW! That is EXACTLY where I grew up from age 12 to 17. There are not many trees around there of that size.

Those photos, if I am not mistaken, are taken right beside an apartment building, look sort of like townhouses. Those trees are just behind and beside those apartments. There was/is a patch of ground beside the building that used to have an old style wooden playground (gone now, I have been by there). Woodlawn Apartments.

That tree was my wide receiver when I was a kid lol. The playground equipment made up the other receivers. I was Bert Jones and took the snap from the fire hydrant next to the sidewalk on Key Parkway. :)

Am I mistaken?

If I am not, those bears had to track through some populate areas unless they came out of the sewer system in that drainage area behind the apartments. That is fairly close to Gambrill Mountain, but damn....that's pretty populated.

Splitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom