Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Scott's is about 2 blocks away from a carryout place that has the best $12 crabcake I have ever had. It is worth the trip it's self.

LOVE me some Roy's Quik Corner. Best damned food in that part of the world and they're pro-2A people from what I understand. I know Tony from Scott's takes fliers and stickers over there to leave on the counter.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I just want to report how pleased I am with the work I received from Scott's Gunsmithing.

Anyone that knows me understands what a honk I am for 1911s. I just got back my Series 70 Colt from Scott's and couldn't be happier with the work. The gun ran perfect but had the small GI type ejection port that really beat my cases up and made them hard to reload.

Scott's lowered and flared the ejection port, so my gun won't beat the brass up anymore. The machine work is first rate. Not to mention while I was there they drifted the rear sight on another 1911 I brought along at no charge. This is the kind of customer service that makes me keep coming back. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Piscator

Sep 2, 2010
    Columbia Md
    Dropped off a Robinson M96 to have it "Stonerized" by threading the bbl for AR/M16 threads adn drilling the 4 holes int he rear sight wings. Scott came out and talked with me about it, it'll be no problem...nor my other project to assemble an M1D -once I find the right stock :) Scott's is awesome, my kind of shop, lots of... stuff... and guys who are easy to talk with and who get it.

Picked up a SPAS 12 while I was there...If I'd not asked to see it I'd not have had to buy it, its home with me now :) Detail cleaned and ready to rock! I even was able to order a Mod choke tube for it thru Carlsons, HEE HEE it'll get stares at the range for sure LOL

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Scott did an awesome job recently shortening the stock and adding a nice recoil pad to my new Browning 425 O/U. Looks like it came that way from the factory. Had to wait more than a month because of his backlog, but the wait was well worth it. Can't recommend him enough.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    scotts gunshop

I give the staff an B+ rating some freindlier than others. I purchased a mossberg 44 they had on commision and am very pleased with it. I would wholeheartedly recommend checking them out.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Thanks again to Scott, and everyone there. Everyone was very friendly and great to deal with. They helped me get my brothers 11-87 fixed to finish out the waterfowl season. They went above and beyond to help me out. Great people to deal with and I will be back.

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I wish you guys would put your inventory or even just some specials up here, you'd probably sell a lot more stock (to me anyway) if there were pictures and descriptions to drool over online while I'm supposed to be working. :)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I'd like to say that I am VERY happy with the service received at Scott's, and especially the work that Chad has done for me.

Chad had reworked my Series 70 1911 and it is very crisp and clean, even for a 1911. Made the gun a pleasure to shoot and much improved the creepy factory situation.

Most recently, Chad reworked the trigger pull on a CZ 75B SP-01 Tactical, installed the CZ Custom competition hammer in it and replaced a few springs for me. CZs are great handguns, although the off-the-shelf triggers are not the best - usually both heavy AND rough. Break-in (just shooting it) helps tremendously, but they can still be heavy even if they aren't as rough after a few hundred rounds.

This "trigger work" (trigger, sear, hammer hooks, etc.) is very complicated to do on the CZ decocker style guns like the SP-01 Tactical, and not everyone can work in them. The work by Chad was well worth the cost and turned out great. The trigger quality was like night and day and I have to say that I really didn't expect it to be nearly as good as it is. :shocked2:

Thanks Chad, fine job! :thumbsup:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    The work by Chad was well worth the cost and turned out great. The trigger quality was like night and day and I have to say that I really didn't expect it to be nearly as good as it is. :shocked2:

Thanks Chad, fine job! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Chad's been kind enough to work on a couple of my firearms and he's always done a top notch job. In one case I had him pin a muzzlebreak on, and on his own, he cleaned up and polished the feed ramps. I had planned to sell it here on the classifieds but after I saw what he did with it I decided to keep it. :thumbsup:
    OK, so it was a blessing and a curse on that rifle, but you get my drift. :)

AwesomeBill

Awesome Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Westminster
    I've got to say that Chad is the man! He helped me out immensely with a PSL that i had to send back for warranty work. He also took time to give me some recommendations and advice on handguns.

But the best part is the work he's done on my AK safeties. I had the krebs safeties, and they were great, but they were just so thin! Chad modified the standard AK safeties on 2 of my guns to add a finger tab and BHO notch. They are so smooth! I shouldn't have wasted money on the krebs units in the first place. Now I'm just waiting for him to finish working on my other guns...

He does such great work. I have no idea how he is able to gunsmith without wearing pants! Oh well, I guess that's just part of Clandestine's mystique!

Seriously though, thanks Chad! I'm going to miss you at Scotts.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Wow! These guys are a CLASS ACT!

I had Chad at Scott's build me a custom Draco carbine, and having recently picked it up I'm just blown away at the quality of the worksmanship in this rifle! I now own a one-of-a-kind AK47 that I can be proud of. I couldn't be happier with my choice in choosing Scott's for this project. If you're looking at getting any work done on an AK Chad is a wizard with his hands.

After handling a Saiga-12 that Chad had customized I just knew I had to have him work on one of mine. When the opportunity came up I took a chance and put a downpayment on a weapon and gave them a list of what I wanted done and the go-ahead to start building. When I came in to do my paperwork and saw the gun for the first time I realized I got everything I asked for and more.

I know in the future when I need professional gunsmithing that I have someone to turn to. Sorry about the the cruddy cellphone picture; it does this gorgeous rifle no justice! Note that I added the MagPul AFG, Landarms CQD sling mount, and weapon light mount and light to it myself, and that this is a temporary configuration until I decide exactly what I want to do with the project. But, can you believe this used to be a Draco pistol!?!?

Attachments

• 110306 Draco carbine.jpg
      110306 Draco carbine.jpg
      41.4 KB · Views: 313

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I like this shop.

I visited the shop on Friday afternoon for the first time and was impressed. When I came in I was greeted and of course I am horrible with remembering names, but the guy that helped me the most at some point mentioned he was retired from the fire dept. There was also a retired Navy guy there at the counter who helped me a bit. I didn't get his name, but he talked pretty loud :) and had my attention.

I mentioned that I had heard good things about the shop online on one of the forum websites and that I wanted to check out the shop and see some guns but that I wasn't yet ready to buy.

They showed me lots of guns and as a first time gun owner suggested one of the revolvers like the Ruger GP-100. I had originally thought about buying a cheaper semi-auto gun, but am now having second thoughts.

I looked at a few shotguns and they brought out a Mini 14 Tactical Ranch Rifle that I thought was pretty cool and the price was in my range.

After most of my questions were answered I stayed a while and browsed around and listened and chatted with some of the other customers who were friendly as well. The one guy bought a Mosin nagant rifle that was really cool. We talked a little about how I would justify buying guns to my wife - This was overheard by the Navy guy and he gave a passionate answer about defense and protecting your family and investment and handing the guns down to your children and grandchildren. Good stuff.

I'll be back.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I have my mkiii and buddy's p22 in for work now. Can't wait to get them back and to the range but I'm glad I have the wait and backlog I'd hate for them not to have the business :-0

Last edited by a moderator:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Thanks again

Just wanted to drop a line for these guys.

Chad offered in another thread to try and assist me with my new Crapfield M1A. I was having issues getting the gas plug off.

Chad was able to get the part off without further damage to the weapon. On top of that he didnt ask for anything for his time or trouble. While this obviously isnt expect it's nice to see someone helping the community.

Everyone else seemed rather friendly considering you were in a Maryland gun shop. I looked around a bit to try and buy something to show support but was unable to locate anything I needed.

I wouldnt hesistate to use them in the future for any needs.

Thanks.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    GSG 1911

Just picked up my new GSG 1911 from Scott's this evening. Everything was handled great. There really is an old school feel to the place - the guys are really laid back and willing to share their knowledge.

I had stopped by once, just to see the shop, before I was really looking for anything in particular. Tony was really friendly and helpful, showing me guns even though I told him I wasn't going to buy anything.

Next time in I was looking for a .22 auto and Tony showed me the 1911.

When I went back to buy it I met Scott and Chad while doing paperwork with Larry and then today the other Larry helped me get out the door with it.

All the guys seem genuinely interested in developing a relationship with their customers and that's not something you see much anymore.

Thanks for the great experience!

Attachments

• GSG1911d.jpg
      GSG1911d.jpg
      46.5 KB · Views: 696

GMaxmd

Apr 18, 2011
    Today was my second visit to Scotts and at least two or three phone calls regarding my interest in purchasing a 1911. Very impressive to say the least. I have been to several gun shops in maryland down thru south carolina and can't say enough about how personable all the guys are down there. I finally decided on a handgun after Scott gave me some pretty sound advice on gun quality from Les Baer to RIA. I feel great about the visits and the purchase and cant wait to pick up the gun. Aside from buy accessories(which I have from Scott) online I will only go back to them. I hope anyone on this forum keeps them in mind when they want a firearm. Awesome place.

Midgettem1

Jarhead
    Jun 7, 2011
    NOVA
    I can't say enough about Scott's- I went in there for the first time today to get my new (to me) Model 12 checked out- they went through, checked the functionality of the gun and gave me the ok to shoot. Didn't charge me either. Everyone in the store was friendly and accommodating. All my questions about MD gun laws were answered. I'd definitely check it out if you're in the area.

Bigpapa

Enthusiast
    Apr 18, 2011
    MD
    I too have had excellent service whenever dealing with Scott's. I have purchased guns, supressors, and used the gunsmithing services all without a glitch. I have worked personally with Scott, Chad, and Tony and will definately continue giving Scott's my business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom