• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    To the good men/women of the DOD. Consider applying for your MD CCW under the grounds of being a DOD employer/contractor.

This is NOT MINE.. but it's proof they do exist for reasons other than "business owners" like some people will have you believe.

mdpermit.jpg

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Who is "some people"? Any search here would show DOD. and others like Emt' s. Etc. Get permits. You have to apply to know for sure.

Right now, MSP is looking at the 438..... number as to who's card this is..

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Who is "some people"? Any search here would show DOD. and others like Emt' s. Etc. Get permits. You have to apply to know for sure.

Right now, MSP is looking at the 438..... number as to who's card this is..

agreed. Apply.. vote.. and be good to each other!

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Current status of DOD permits is that you need TS/SCI clearance with daily access in order to get one from MSP directly. Otherwise you have to fight it. ODNI SEAD 3 is the ace in the hole for any one with a clearance.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Current status of DOD permits is that you need TS/SCI clearance with daily access in order to get one from MSP directly. Otherwise you have to fight it. ODNI SEAD 3 is the ace in the hole for any one with a clearance.

While this is good info, where is it documented instead of "here say"?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    While this is good info, where is it documented instead of "here say"?

No. Despite being required to publish their sop every year and multiple PIA requests msp refuse to release thier sop. The current one is several years out of date. You can use that to your advantage by forcing them to follow the one published.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Been done before , lots of warriors been slaying dragons at the MSP-LD and HPRB . It is a good thing for anyone applying or about to apply to get some education and attend the meetings at least 2 or 3 to get a sense on how they run . IMHO

Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016

Are you saying using the ODNI SEAD 3 can get a Secret Cleared person a CCW?

I assume it would have to be appealed to the Review Board?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Are you saying using the ODNI SEAD 3 can get a Secret Cleared person a CCW?

I assume it would have to be appealed to the Review Board?

It would have to go to the review board. Occasionally some one with secret or more than secret can argue there way into a permit at an informal review, but those are vary rare. Compare the sead to the publish sop and you will find almost identical language saying you are at risk because of your job.

Big_Z

Nov 30, 2016
    That's great news! I'm copying the language from the SOP & SEAD 3 into my justification. Hopefully this works

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    That's great news! I'm copying the language from the SOP & SEAD 3 into my justification. Hopefully this works

Be prepared to appeal, an also ask the inevitable question of weather MSP disagrees with the office of director of national intelligence about the threat to employees with clearances.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    is there a step by step write up to do this?

Question 23 (be specific).

Must be able to verify with your security officer both in writing and on the phone.

And now here come the folks that will tell you that you can't let anyone know the existence of your clearance.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    14 to 18 between the two hearings a month or that many at each hearing?

At each hearing, so you're looking at 36 a month.

There have been times when there is a 5th Tuesday in a month they will hold another meeting. But then they didn't have the first meeting of this month due to election day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom