• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funnsun34

Jan 6, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I have been looking all day today on mdshooters and google/bing trying to see if it is legal in the communist state of maryland to buy a 80% lower and a 16in hbar complete upper on ONLINE? I'm interested in buying from Daytona Tactical.

Anyone with correct knowledge would be very much appreciated.

funnsun34

Jan 6, 2013
    Baltimore City
    thanks pilotguy. namelessname, I'm looking at that one as well. Of course that is the only hbar they have.

I assume that a 18in-24in non hbar is illegal.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    An 80% lower is just a paperweight, no regulations at all... you can buy any upper you want online in MD.. ;)

Now putting them together today, stick with a pistol or HBAR rifle and you are okay.. unless you want to pony up some $$$ for the ATF, then you can build more.

Sheepdog6

Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    If you end up purchasing from Daytona Tactical, please let us know what your thoughts are on quality. I am looking for a 300 BLK upper as well and they are the cheapest I've seen. Not looking to buy crap, but can't spend a fortune if you know what I mean. A penny saved is a penny I can put toward other gun stuff.

SgtKope

Nov 7, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    If you end up purchasing from Daytona Tactical, please let us know what your thoughts are on quality. I am looking for a 300 BLK upper as well and they are the cheapest I've seen. Not looking to buy crap, but can't spend a fortune if you know what I mean. A penny saved is a penny I can put toward other gun stuff.

+1

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Almost as easy is getting a stripped lower from Engage now. Yes, you have to do a NICS check, but there's no 77R (with incumbent 7 day delay and having MD "register" your lower for what might be built into a cash-n-carry HBAR). If you buy one of their lowers, there's no transfer fee of course.

Sheepdog6

Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Go with a psa kit, it's a few more dollars, but it's worth it.

I do love PSA and their products. I recently signed up for their daily deals email and it kills me because every time I think, "I don't have one of those and that's a really good deal!" I currently own a 16" 5.56 upper from them and love it. Also, currently waiting on my recently ordered MOE pistol LPK to arrive from them

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I got these this past week for cheap.....looking to do a 300blk also...
    IMG_20150726_175550627_HDR_zpszq4tfkps.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom