• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The attorney did a terrific job....an no change. Frustrating for permit holders for sure.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The proceedings at Fort Smalkin have entered the Twilight Zone, depicted here in black and white, the era for which the HPRB was contrived:

I haven’t posted here much over the last two years, but this Sir is dead on target! All we have to do is recast the parts and voila, we will have a 2019 version here in absurd Marylandistan!

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Did i miss somthing...someone said restrictions were being re worded? What is the new wording.

Nobody

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The bally-hooed removal of permit restrictions would be news to the new Commanding General of the Maryland No Self-Defense Force, formerly the HPRB:

Attachments

• A4E0BFF4-584E-41FC-A98E-4C5058998B90.jpg
      A4E0BFF4-584E-41FC-A98E-4C5058998B90.jpg
      33.8 KB · Views: 366
    • 17AF2438-6538-4F46-9179-D4A07FB1C4FE.jpg
      17AF2438-6538-4F46-9179-D4A07FB1C4FE.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 363

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Might be slightly off topic, but MD really can be irritating.

All states recognize each others driver's licenses. All states recognize each other's marriage licenses. This should be no different.

On top of that, the hypocrisy of MD in saying they won't help the feds with illegal immigration because that deals with federal law and at the same time tramples on a RIGHT guaranteed at the federal level.

</rant>
    That would be a commerce clause action. I brought this up at an Annapolis Elks club MSI meeting I got poo pooed. I think it's another path to action.
    Note: poo pooing was not from MSI, it was a 2a female attorney drumming up business.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This will make you sick but suck it up, it's not that long. Attorney Ed Hershon does a great job but these clowns on the board are having none of it.

Wow, this new HPRB is indistinguishable from a movie depiction of a Communist Chinese court. No matter how compelling the argument, the state is always right.

By this board’s logic, the applicant could have been unarmed and violently assaulted during non-business hours, but the MSP LD would have been in the right to issue permit restrictions because it is within their authority and the HPRB provides no real oversight.

Good job, Hogan.

Keep and use those videos as evidence. Document the injustice for future use.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Seems that we're not the only ones tired of Judge Smails' antics.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/i...Evmh3oGe8VV3Ly_oYNXHEQZk1VCh9VUb6ICS-rg6aaTvw

FTA:

In past years, the handgun board frequently heard permit appeals in closed session. But the board’s new chairman, former federal judge Frederic Smalkin, who was appointed in June, has not favored closed meetings.

When Smalkin was absent for the July 22 meeting, the meeting was run by member Daniel F.C. Crowley — and he and the board agreed to hear two permit cases in closed session.

But F. Todd Taylor Jr., the board’s executive director, warned that the board could be in violation of the Maryland Open Meetings Act.

Taylor said Smalkin instructed the board’s staff to modify the board’s agendas so that they no longer included a notice that the board might go into a closed session. That notice is one of the prerequisites for a public meeting to be legally held behind closed doors.

“What could happen is someone could file a complaint with the Open Meetings Compliance Board,” Taylor warned the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom