• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    A group of us are planning to shoot sporting clays there during the week. Looks like they open at 10, can you show up promptly and shoot? Also, I've seen some mixed reviews about a lot of closed stations and "no birds". I'll probably give them a call but thought I'd ask here too.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    A group of us are planning to shoot sporting clays there during the week. Looks like they open at 10, can you show up promptly and shoot? Also, I've seen some mixed reviews about a lot of closed stations and "no birds". I'll probably give them a call but thought I'd ask here too.

I was there this past weekend. I showed up Saturday at 955 for a 10am opening. There were 2 skeet stations, both occupied. One group suggested that they were going to own their lane for 6 rounds, another gave us the lane after their first round and then we shot with them for the second. There were probably 2 dozen people lingering around in the parking lot. If you show up there at 10am on a weekday I can't imagine you would have to wait for anything.

We didnt have any issue with 'no birds', but one out of every dozen from the low house came out odd. Whenever I shoot sporting clays, it seems like 5 or so stations are closed.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Well we showed up a little prior to 10 AM, the clubhouse was open and the course was ready for us. The staff was friendly and helpful. We shot 21 stations without a single "no bird". There were a few gimme's and one head scratcher, aside from that a good variety of challenging targets. It was surprisingly busy for a Wednesday morning but there was no waiting on the course. The only unusual thing I'll note is its a long walk to Station 1 (then you walk back toward and past the clubhouse), so if you have limited mobility consider one of their half dozen or so golf carts. Our group got one mostly to carry our gear. Also note that their controllers can be set to delay for single shooters! I would recommend PG County to a friend and plan to shoot the course again!

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When I saw the title I assumed you were talking about the County as a whole. It is still a liberal dominated, pothole filled, gun hating, odoriferous cesspool of corruption. Both other than that, its perfectly fine.

Last edited:

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    When I saw the title I assumed you were talking about the County as a whole. It is still a liberal dominated, pothole filled, gun hating, odoriferous cesspool of corruption. Both other than that, its perfectly fine.

Don't forget that they draw a johnson-line through the (D) candidates on their ballots 92% of the time.*

*actual observation from the previous election

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom