• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Looking for dove hunting guide, party of two, Salisbury area.

Regards
    Jack

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Yep. Was in a group that had a good field near Hurlock, but we lost the hunting rights to another group. Harrison’s guide service out of Easton is completely booked. Any info. appreciated.

Regards
    Jack

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    We used to pay $50 apiece to hunt field down your way, Denton - saw lots of doves. Ollie North was there one time.
    I'd say there were 30 guys at each place. Haven't done that in years. We'd hunt over beans (terrrible, sunflower - better, and best of all was smashed up cantaloupe - WAAAY easier to find the birds, but it stunk.)
    5 years ago in NC, I paid $110 for the license and $30 to hunt a field and we shot ONE DOVE.
    That was it for me.

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Small world, I was there the day Oliver North was one of the shooters. My recollection is he was driving a Chevy Suburban.

Had some fair to good shooting with that guide on two or three occasions, but now do not recall his name. Was it Tommy Swann?

Regards
    Jack

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Oliver North was one of the shooters. My recollection is he was driving a Chevy Suburban.
    My recollection of Ollie is - he was the ONLY one painstakingly looking for birds - others gave up. He would use his shotgun to fan the bean leaves to find the bird.
    It is easier to shoot over crushed cantaloupe. You need a dog if you are in beans, corn, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom