• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CruncherBlock

Mar 29, 2016
    I'm interested in purchasing a Mk3 or Mk3*. I regularly check the big sites (Gun Broker, Guns America, Guns International) but i would prefer to get one locally. Anybody seen one around Baltimore, or can recommend a reputable online shop?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I have an Ishapore No. 1 Mk 3* that's wire wrapped for grenade launching. Thinking of posting it for sale, but probably not what you're looking for.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm going to have to look that one up, LOL.

Here's some good information on the wire wrapped Lee Enfields. It was reinforcement to prevent the stocks splitting when launching grenades. The rifle can still shoot ball ammo, but I hear they used more worn rifles for the conversion. Mine has a decent, bright bore though.

Mine's from the Ishapore, India arsenal, dated 1948, the year of Indian Independence. (Winston wept.) It does have the Imperial markings though: "G.R.I." for "Georgius Rex Imperator."

Unfortunately I don't have the actual grenade launcher, though they're not hard to find.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Usually tons of them at the York Gunshow. The years of $100 Enfields are long gone but you will be able to look at a wide array of configurations.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Here's some good information on the wire wrapped Lee Enfields. It was reinforcement to prevent the stocks splitting when launching grenades. The rifle can still shoot ball ammo, but I hear they used more worn rifles for the conversion. Mine has a decent, bright bore though.

Mine's from the Ishapore, India arsenal, dated 1948, the year of Indian Independence. (Winston wept.) It does have the Imperial markings though: "G.R.I." for "Georgius Rex Imperator."

Unfortunately I don't have the actual grenade launcher, though they're not hard to find.

Century has been selling the grenade launcher cups that they inherited from Springfield Sporters. Here's the link to the CIA accessories page listing all the variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom