• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Took the new pistol out for its first range trip after work this evening. Went to Dick's and picked up some ammo then over to Select Fire and signed up.

003.jpg

Sig P250 compact in 9mm, shot 100rnds of Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ.

002.jpg

Pistol worked flawlessly from the first trigger pull to the last, no feeding or ejecting issues at all.

001.jpg

This is my first DA pistol and the trigger will take some getting used to, it has a long trigger travel but man is it smooth and consistent. I will be buying the full size grip/slide/barrel next but can't decide what caliber to get. The ability to switch out is neat bonus with this pistol.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    What distance were you shooting at??

The ability to switch out is neat bonus with this pistol.

At first I was like, man what's the point, especially in MD where it's damn near impossible to get a carry permit, switching from full size to compact seemed like more trouble than it's worth. Then I thought about how AR-15s uppers work and I realized it's damn near brilliant.

Because only the trigger group is the serial numbered registered weapon part you can wake up one day, decide you want .40, sell or trade your 9mm slide, barrel, mags off to someone else without getting any FFLs involved at all. You move out of state and you can suddenly carry? Buy the compact, no paper work.

I'm going to an indoor range to test fire some Sigs to see how I shoot them and this is on top of my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom