• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Does anyone know what the laws are in VA as far as shooting on private property? I can't find much so that must mean it's legal? :innocent0

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Did some research and it turns out that some cities and towns can and do have ordinances against discharging firearms within town/city limits. Also counties can have (and most do) noise ordinances. The level of noise that is unacceptable is up to the responding officer if a neighbor complains.

I think I'll be ok as we will be outside town limits. Just spoke to the sheriff deputy for that county and he said it would be ok as long as it was during a respectable time of day and we had a sufficient backstop.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Varies widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In early '90s, in Spots, required 1 ac of property.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Varies widely from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. In early '90s, in Spots, required 1 ac of property.
    I have looked for a number of places as these questions pop up on occasion. I do not recall any with a one acre requirement for the ones I did look up. Do you remember which ones they were so I can keep them in mind and look them up when someone asks this again? I know there are some that ban it all together like inside Bowie city limits.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are so many I don't know if collected in a single place. At the time he was told as long as he had min of one acre, and rounds don't leave property he was good. One time when neighbors called Sheriff, they were told he was legal, have a nice day.
    Strictly speaking not the same thing, but Va Hunting regs book does have a bunch of local regs listed.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I wish I had a friend in maryland with private property to let me shoot on,or better yet I would like to have enough private property to shoot on myself somewhere

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    A reasonable accommodation should be made for her just as it would be if she were a Muslim, an illegal immigrant, or a heroin addict or any other species protected by the progressives.

We will soon find out. A Muslim is sueing for being fired for refusing to serve alcohol on a plane.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom