Poll: Do you support a ban on assault weapons?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    TYT...look up the YouTube videos of those turds the night Trump was elected. They were utterly dumbfounded. It's great to watch...but, yes, they are leftists...that's about as polite as I can be....s

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    TYT...look up the YouTube videos of those turds the night Trump was elected. They were utterly dumbfounded. It's great to watch...but, yes, they are leftists...that's about as polite as I can be....s

Oh those videos are a hoot, I highly recommend checking them out :D

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This one is probably a little bit more important because it's in the social media realm rather than some 2nd string newspaper that no one reads.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks/community?disable_polymer=1&app=desktop

You'll need to be logged in.

This is not a "poll" of the general public, but a "poll" of how the left views an issue. A "poll" on young Turks channel would be like a poll on MSNBC channel or conversely a poll on the truth about guns channel.

How would a "poll" on young Turks be 'more important? than asking people at a gun ban ralley, or conversely asking guys at the range???

Also Why would you ask right after an event. Survey after survey shows sharp bumps up in support for bans, up to 10 or 20 points more than average right after a shooting, but then say a 12 to 22 point DROP netting a net decrease for the year.

Here is the long term poll that matters, it is VALID scientific sample, and it smooths out the bumps up after a mass shooting occurs.
    7baieajcvucxglhnxzyvxw.png

It is the gun control lobby and their friends in the media that distort reality, invert it from actual facts, by promoting distorted polls immediately after an event. it is definitive fake news to do so. Everyone knows that support for assault ban will be below 50% in averaging of 12 or 24 month periods. just look at the trend.

Do you see that 2012 "rise?" Of the overall trend ABC, NBC, CNN all reported on the "rise" in late december 2012 poll totally out of context not mentioning the overall decline None reported the next year when the trend returned to its downward slope.

Hold fast, delay, and do not let emotions influence important national decisions on the Bill of Rights. "round up and jail all muslims" probably went up 20 points in the weeks/moths after 9/11. You don't decide on passions that ALL the data show will decrease.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This is not a "poll" of the general public, but a "poll" of how the left views an issue. A "poll" on young Turks channel would be like a poll on MSNBC channel or conversely a poll on the truth about guns channel.

How would a "poll" on young Turks be 'more important? than asking people at a gun ban ralley, or conversely asking guys at the range???

It's a poll that matters right now. The left only lives in the crisis of now and we are allowing them to shape the narrative.

In this mob mentality that we have allowed to infect our public policy discourse, facts are the victims. We saw this with the false hysteria around the Confederate monuments last year and they are doing a full court press again, using a proven process.

Go to where they expect 100% agreement and undermining their narrative is important. It cost nothing to do so other than a couple clicks of a mouse.

Do I think undermining these polls is the most substantive form of activism? Absolutely not; and I think my history of posts on the subject of reacting to polls reflects that.

However, the low information users who rely on FB memes and Re-Tweets are steered by the results of these polls and given that it costs literally nothing on our part to shape the results of these polls, it's at least effective in making sure that "they" don't get to completely own the narrative.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    It's a poll that matters right now. The left only lives in the crisis of now and we are allowing them to shape the narrative.

In this mob mentality that we have allowed to infect our public policy discourse, facts are the victims. We saw this with the false hysteria around the Confederate monuments last year and they are doing a full court press again, using a proven process.

Go to where they expect 100% agreement and undermining their narrative is important. It cost nothing to do so other than a couple clicks of a mouse.

Do I think undermining these polls is the most substantive form of activism? Absolutely not; and I think my history of posts on the subject of reacting to polls reflects that.

However, the low information users who rely on FB memes and Re-Tweets are steered by the results of these polls and given that it costs literally nothing on our part to shape the results of these polls, it's at least effective in making sure that "they" don't get to completely own the narrative.

Translated (for dummies like me), it's both fun and worth it to flip 'em the bird.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Since you need to be logged in AND comment to vote, the chances are that subscribers to The Young Turks are driving results, but WTF ... :shrug:

Attachments

• Poll.JPG
      Poll.JPG
      18.5 KB · Views: 224

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    EVERY rifle is an "assault rifle". Including the flintlocks the Colonial Army used to win the revolutionary war!

AR stands for Armalite, not "assault rifle".

So, what is the purpose of this thread? Really.....
    :sad20:

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    This has already been said, but still.

Assault rifles are select-fire by definition. In civilian legal ownership it's a non-renewable resource that isn't pertinent in any current discussion.

Assault weapons are a meaningless name that was popularized by politicians and non-experts. It has no specific meaning that can be pinned down, nor do you know it when you see it. The two photos of a mini-14 in wood vs plastic/metal come to mind.

Guns are dangerous when used for evil. So are rental trucks, chainsaws, what have you. Nothing more dangerous about an AR pattern than any other model. Would want to note that many states ban 223 calibers for hunting as not being sufficiently deadly, for what it's worth.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    This has already been said, but still.

Assault rifles are select-fire by definition. In civilian legal ownership it's a non-renewable resource that isn't pertinent in any current discussion.

Assault weapons are a meaningless name that was popularized by politicians and non-experts. It has no specific meaning that can be pinned down, nor do you know it when you see it. The two photos of a mini-14 in wood vs plastic/metal come to mind.

Libtards cAme up with “assault WEAPON” to maKe sure scary lookin’ shotguns like the SPAS-12 are covered By legislation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom