Best gun shows in VA close to MoCo for AR/mini/M1A mags?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LibertyGun

May 19, 2014
    District 14, PRM
    I have not been to a gun show before but think it might be a more cost effective way to pick up mags, particularly those greater than 10 rounds, than the current approach of having them shipped to a VA brick and mortar store (which carries a premium) for legal pickup and bring back. I would be looking for mags for AR, ruger mini (14 & 30), and M1A and coming from MoCo Md. Do all gun shows typically carry these? Any recommends for shows around the DC beltway on the VA side? I've been on a few sites that list shows but they don't say who the vendors are.

chino101

Jan 12, 2011
    Quantico Tactical in Woodbridge VA has Magpul (5 for $50) and Lancer mags for AR-15's if you can't make it to a gun show.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    just got back from the show...got there around 10...was able to park way over on the left hand side by the Walmart...no lines, just walked right in...I usually start on the left hand side of the show and walk up and down the aisles covering the whole floor. Picked up some pmags, mini 14 and 30 mags...couple of Glock mags as well. I've seen better prices but then again the selection was definitely there. Prices are what they are. I wasn't looking to pick up any firearms per se, but I did see a vendor selling Kriss Vector pistols. I surely don't need one of those, but I wouldn't mind having one...s

p.s. by the time I left around 1230 it was very crowded...

Last edited:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I saw several leashed dogs there, walking by the MSI table on Friday & Sunday. I think the promotor's propaganda says service dogs only, but some of the ones I saw looked more like garden variety pets.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I've never seen a dog there. If it was allowed I think I would have seen one by now.

I saw at least four dogs this past weekend and in the past, have seen a pot bellied pig too. There's one guy who has these two little dogs wearing little plate carriers that he sometimes attaches to his bag with MOLLE and sometimes lets run loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom