• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'll put on gun review videos while I'm doing other things, and was interested to see if Nutnfancy had the same problem with the VZ2008 that I did. Sure enough, he complained of how hard it smacks his face. His son declined shooting another magazines because it was hurting his face. This is the exact issue I had. It's not recoil into the shoulder, it just feels like I'm getting punched right in the cheekbone . I like a nice firm cheek weld, and it is required with this gun anyways due to how low the sites fit.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    The CNC Warrior brake does help a lot. Mine has been considerably tamed with the switch out of the slant brake to the warrior brake.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I just had my new VZ2008 out to the range and could not be more pleased with how comfortable it was to shoot. It's a folder with the wire stock that I have wrapped with paracord. I also added this butt pad. Fits the end of the wire stock like it was made for it. Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-AK47-Combat-Butt-Pad/dp/B002TUSK06/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Cheek weld didn't even cross my mind. I was completely comfortable. I found it even more pleasant than shooting my AR offhand.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I just had my new VZ2008 out to the range and could not be more pleased with how comfortable it was to shoot. It's a folder with the wire stock that I have wrapped with paracord. I also added this butt pad. Fits the end of the wire stock like it was made for it. Highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-AK47-Combat-Butt-Pad/dp/B002TUSK06/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Cheek weld didn't even cross my mind. I was completely comfortable. I found it even more pleasant than shooting my AR offhand.

Same pad I have. Makes it very nice to shoot now.... Still the liveliest gun in the safe, just a little less lively.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    I've read but can't find a ready reference that the slant brake was specifically designed for the AK to offset it's oscillations. The Vz58 / Vz2008 doesn't behave the same way so the slant brake introduces an undesirable pulse that some describe as cheek slap.

My personal experience and YMMV is the slant brake is the worst, a thread protector is a little better and the Slovakian's got it right with their brake for the Vz58.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom