• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've got a P22 and haven't had a problem with it so far. I was even thinking about going whole hog and getting a suppressor for it. From the little I've read, it appears that you can get a threaded barrel nut for the P22 (~$30) and then put your can on the nut.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Gamer jim:
    A Super Shorty has a total of 3 shots, plus it lacks a stock. They're useful as range toys or for breaching doors, but I wouldnt want to get into a firefight with one as my only option.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Gamer jim:
    A Super Shorty has a total of 3 shots, plus it lacks a stock. They're useful as range toys or for breaching doors, but I wouldnt want to get into a firefight with one as my only option.
    But as a bedside gun they may be effective I always thought.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I wouldnt consider one for bedside duty, to get a second shot you need both hands to work the action and by that time you might be trying to fight the attacker off with your non-dominant hand.

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    Isn't the purpose of a "HOME" defense gun to have the LOUDEST BANG!!!

I think if it's loud and you miss its just as good if its Loud and Hit! Less paperwork!

get a 357 and F the suppressor

P.S. - I'm getting a suppressor after posting this comment just because I think they're cool

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    Isn't the purpose of a "HOME" defense gun to have the LOUDEST BANG!!!

I think if it's loud and you miss its just as good if its Loud and Hit! Less paperwork!

get a 357 and F the suppressor

P.S. - I'm getting a suppressor after posting this comment just because I think they're cool

then how about this? :lol2:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Does that qualify for C&R?

Might have to get my license then.

Yes, as I understand it, it could possibly qualify if it was modified to be in that configuration over fifty years ago or if someone asks the ATF to put it on the list if not.
    It would still need the tax stamp though and getting it imported might be a problem.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    in a home defense situation, one will not have enough time to put on ear plugs, safety glasses and it is most likely going to be dark. Discharging a LOUD firearm in these conditions will result in temporary blindness, hearing loss and disorientation. ( LOUD=.357 magnum, 44 mag, 50AE, 10mm, 7.62x39,308, 5.56 to name a few)

If being blind, disoriented and you cant hear sh-T is acceptable to you in a potential gunfight, then you are the man!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    in a home defense situation, one will not have enough time to put on ear plugs, safety glasses and it is most likely going to be dark.
    When my brother and sister stay overnight with their kids I wear earplugs to bed becaue I know that before dawn the kids will be banging and screaming. ;)

Discharging a LOUD firearm in these conditions will result in temporary blindness, hearing loss and disorientation. ( LOUD=.357 magnum, 44 mag, 50AE, 10mm, 7.62x39,308, 5.56 to name a few)

If being blind, disoriented and you cant hear sh-T is acceptable to you in a potential gunfight, then you are the man!
    Some blind people have used firearms in self defense successfully and they were already blind. :)
    But I know what you mean though and I was just being funny.... somewhat. :D

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    in a home defense situation, one will not have enough time to put on ear plugs, safety glasses and it is most likely going to be dark. Discharging a LOUD firearm in these conditions will result in temporary blindness, hearing loss and disorientation. ( LOUD=.357 magnum, 44 mag, 50AE, 10mm, 7.62x39,308, 5.56 to name a few)

Damn Scarcqb I almost fell out of my chair laughing!!!

hmm3grin2orange.gif
    hmm3grin2orange.gif
    hmm3grin2orange.gif
    hmm3grin2orange.gif

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    Great story, thanks for sharing.

What about a Super Shorty? It's a AOW and not a bad choice for home defense as I understand.

:sad20: Jim, you just read the story and said great. Apparently you didn't comprehend what it said because you come back and say "what about a Super Shorty?" A Super Shorty is a NFA weapon.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Serbu Super shorty= Flashbang Grenade

Firing this thing in a confined area such a bedroom or a living room at night will effectively render the firer combat ineffective after the first shot.

Hopefully, your assailant will realize that you are such a Bad azz crazy SOB that it is not worth messing with you. You have to be patient as your potential assailant is also disoriented and he wont be able to exit your castle briskly. At least you wont hear your wife repeat the question, WTF? WTF? so many times while screaming at the top of her lungs. You also wont see her 3:ooam face.( which is sometimes a good thing, as you may get second taughts about defending your dommain).

When the cops show up? and start giving you commands to put down your weapon and so forth, You can answer them by saying " WHAT?" HUH? while squinting your eyes to regain your senses ( that makes you look like a mean crackhead, hair messed up, bunny rabbit flipflops). To the cops,you will look like a non-compliant badazz armed with a sawed off shotgun. I would really hate to be you at that point.

But dont get me wrong, with that Serbu, You dah man!

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Well, his interest may have truly been peaked, after it was initially piqued, although I'm not quite sure how one would go about having their interested peeked.

Sorry Jim - couldn't resist jumping on that one. :D

Piqued, maybe

However, it is in the best interest of everyone to see all sides of the equation. When it comes to class 3 stuff, one can rely on getting info from your dealer. ( total trash sometimes, like my suppressed Walther PPK project, my dealer sounded like he knew his stuff, found out he got his info from freakin James Bond movies.)or gain exponential knowledge from the experiences and mistakes of others. That is why I post information at this site. To help people in making informed choices.

Since you cant" take it back to the store", Buying suppressors is hit or miss. This is why most class3 collectors end up with more than one can for the same gun.:)

Last edited:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm just here asking questions. I'm new to the world of firearms in general but I would rather ask a dumb question then make assumptions and hurt myself. There's a lot of people who think they know stuff but don't and their advice might end up causing me to make the wrong purchase.

Thanks very much for everyone's input. It has been very helpful.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm just here asking questions. I'm new to the world of firearms in general but I would rather ask a dumb question then make assumptions and hurt myself. There's a lot of people who think they know stuff but don't and their advice might end up causing me to make the wrong purchase.

Thanks very much for everyone's input. It has been very helpful.

Suppressors and Class 3 stuff is tricky. Most of the time, people do not give the correct information, including the dealers. Any mistake is costly in terms of time and money. I got burnt several times and I just dont want to see good people making the same mistakes.

We share the same interest and sharing scarce information is a good thing.If I can be of assistance to you and share the information that I know. Dont hesitate to ask. Always going to be glad to be of some assistance.

Scar

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Suppressors and Class 3 stuff is tricky. Most of the time, people do not give the correct information, including the dealers. Any mistake is costly in terms of time and money. I got burnt several times and I just dont want to see good people making the same mistakes.

We share the same interest and sharing scarce information is a good thing.If I can be of assistance to you and share the information that I know. Dont hesitate to ask. Always going to be glad to be of some assistance.

Scar

First step is to get the gun. I need to spread the cost out over several months. I like the Sig Misquito best so looking into that.

If and when I procure that I'll ask you more about the suppressor itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom