• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    So, was meandering about the gun show this past weekend and came across a vendor selling ammo that I had never seen before. It was .410 brass cased rounds with what looked like a simple round lead bullet recessed into the end. The wooden crates/boxes were obviously military production and my curiosity was immediately piqued. I asked the guy about the ammo and he explained it was for the British Enfields that were chambered for the .410 cartridge and provided to colonial troops. He showed me one that he had there and just by looking at it there seemed to be no difference with a standard .303 Enfield though I claim no level of expertise with C&R stuff. Didn't ask a price as I already have too many firearms (yes, that is actually a thing) but of all the eye candy there to me this was the most memorable.

I have to wonder though, what is your most unique C&R item?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I would have liked to have seen that. I've got one of the Enfield shotgun conversions, but it wasn't later modified to take the modern .410 round. Those are probably the proprietary rounds that mine used. Mine had the stock cut down at some point to lighten it. It looks like hell, but think it was one of the three looks-like-hell C&R guns that I got for $90 (for the lot).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Recently I've seen some bulk lots of British .410 brass rounds for the originals out on the market. Don't know if they were the ball slug or shot loaded.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've got a wire wrapped Ishapore, for grenade launching.

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
      IMG_0420.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 206

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i think Lou at shooters discount had one of the rifles for sale.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    According to what I have seen/been told, most Ishapore .410 shotguns have been modded to shoot 3" shells. I think it would be cool to have a .410 SMLE that could shoot the Indian ammo, even if it's pretty awful stuff.

As for most unique, I don't know if I have anything exceptional outside of a Winchester M1 Garand made in December, 1941, an early SVT-40, or an all matching Persian 98/29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom