• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I have to commend you guys and tell you that I am honored to be part of MDS. You aparently are getting to them for them to take such risky action as an attack on theFirat Amendment. They have shown their true fascist colors. Keep up the good work you have a hot potato here. Are our two guys released from the gulag yet?

Retired from MD 2015 living in a free state.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    My delegate response was better than what I see here and his aide says the minority’s leadership is really looking into this but she made out like they knew very little about this. I told her what I have seen in the video and what the guys on the street that have been here have said plus what the dems are saying. I will see what they say after they read this email and report back.

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    1. Force them by some means to reveal who ordered the arrest.
    2. Obtain camera footage from the local security cameras that will reveal whether any violations or obstructions occurred.
    3. Fight the narrative that a protest was taking place.

This can not be tolerated. ACLU should be very interested as this would impact any display they may be connected to.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    MD Cod, Criminal Law § 10-201.

Disturbing the public peace and disorderly conduct.

(a)* Definitions.- *
    (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.*

(3) (i) "Public place" means a place to which the public or a portion of the public has access and a right to resort for business, dwelling, entertainment, or other lawful purpose.*
    (ii) "Public place" includes:*

4. a public street, sidewalk, or right-of-way;*

(c)* Prohibited.- *

(2) A person may not willfully act in a disorderly manner that disturbs the public peace.*
    (3) A person may not willfully fail to obey a reasonable and lawful order that a law enforcement officer makes to prevent a disturbance to the public peace.*

Note that the Police Chief’s statement in no way argues, suggests, or describes how anyone, including the arrestees, “willfully acted in a disorderly manner” or “disturbed the public peace.” Unless standing or walking in public is disorderly and disruptive, in which event why have a sidewalk.

The Police Chief also fails to address how the order of the officers on the scene was “reasonable” or “lawful” given that (I) the obvious purpose of the police contact was to effect a targeted and content-based restriction on free political speech and action; and (II) the officers in fact allegedly directed the arrestees to Lawyers Mall, which would have required them to violate a permit requirement.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    My understanding is carry is legal until a LEO informs you that a public demonstration is taking place AND asks you to leave.

https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2010/criminal-law/title-4/subtitle-2/4-208/

(2) A person may not have a firearm in the person's possession or on or about the person at a demonstration in a public place or in a vehicle that is within 1,000 feet of a demonstration in a public place after:

(i) the person has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration is occurring at the public place; and

(ii) the person has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to leave the area of the demonstration until the person disposes of the firearm.

(c) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

183 guests

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Number three above says “To Prevent” a disturbance to the public peace. So anyone can be thought to be getting ready to make a disturbance?? Another vague MD law.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It can't be said enough that the Patriot Picket have been regulars in that very spot for more than three years now, understand the law well, and previously have had a positive relationship with law enforcement in the area.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It can't be said enough that the Patriot Picket have been regulars in that very spot for more than three years now, understand the law well, and previously have had a positive relationship with law enforcement in the area.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Arrest video posted to Awr Hawkins Facebook

Awr Hawkins writes on 2A issues for Breitbart and Ammoland. Hopefully he will pick it up.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sounds like the party line is going to be they tried to move the protest due to past incidents of pedestrians being struck in the area and the fact it could "distract" drivers around the crosswalk.

That sounds like a concocted bunch of shit to me and I think it will to any judge too. Something tells me traffic likely wasn't mentioned as a justification last night when they told the guys to move either. This morning we were hearing they were "blocking" the sidewalk, now suddenly it's due to a traffic concern. I guess there can be no demonstrations on any sidewalk in any city since they all have crosswalks around.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

Honestly that is such a piss poor justification it makes one all the more suspicious that this was a case of word coming down from on high that our lords and masters were tired of being queried by the little people. And the Capitol "Police" Department needed to do something about it. If they had that justification ahead of time, you can bet they inquired with attorneys somewhere in the state government to come up with that and there will be records of meetings or witnesses to the conversations that this is what they were planning to do to shut those protests down. Like I said earlier, the truth has a very determined way of eventually coming out.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Honestly that is such a piss poor justification it makes one all the more suspicious that this was a case of word coming down from on high that our lords and masters were tired of being queried by the little people. And the Capitol "Police" Department needed to do something about it. If they had that justification ahead of time, you can bet they inquired with attorneys somewhere in the state government to come up with that and there will be records of meetings or witnesses to the conversations that this is what they were planning to do to shut those protests down.

Do you think a pia request would turn up this info?

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Awr Hawkins writes on 2A issues for Breitbart and Ammoland. Hopefully he will pick it up.
    Send him a Twitter message. NRAtvs Cam Edwards and Grant Stitchfield too. They are all very active on social media

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom