• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Do you remember when Tony Mills was t boned at Mountain rd & Edwin Raynor? Hell, maybe around 88-90?

Second chance was the vests used back then. The arm rest touched his chest when the door was dented in and the vest was credited as having a "save".

Yep I do remember that!

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    And I think you guys hit the nail on the head there.

Just my opinion, I wasn't there and I am so glad the guys who were taken in are out now and okay. But I think it is a wasted opportunity to complain about the police and not the leftist lawmakers who you know darn well probably pressured the DGS police into "doing something" about those pesky people they found so annoying.

If you all you do is complain about the police, I can see right now what is going to happen. The liberals in the MGA are going to turn around and come back at you with "oh I agree, those protestors never should have been arrested, we may disagree on things but we fully support their right to protest as Americans, it's what makes us a free country, yada, yada, yada." And they come out looking better for this incident, not worse. Don't allow that to happen. Don't waste this PR opportunity. Don't let them turn the spotlight away from themselves and onto a few security guards. My suggestion is to keep demanding an investigation into why this suddenly became an issue.

Keep floating the idea that this is suppression of free speech by the democratic machine, not just by a few sworn security guards. Make it a local version of the accusations of Trump wanting to fire Mueller (oh won't the liberals love being compared to him). Hidden use of political power is a big deal in the news right now. And reporters love to theme local stories as mini-versions of national news themes.

These are just my opinions. And again I am so glad you guys who got picked up are apparently okay. You have my respect for taking so much of your time and always standing up for our rights.
    Zoo, you speak words of wisdom.

Angry reactions are just that. What's needed here is some no shit political strategy.

Unintentionally, the master class in Annapolis has handed our community a gift. Used wisely, it can and should become a key opportunity to demonstrate beyond the shadow of a doubt they are duplicitous and arrogant. The larger national context is key to our ability not just to do that but to create our own narrative to go forward from.

This was a huge error on their part. We can either embrace the gift in a prudent and pragmatic way or we can enjoy the momentary and fast fleeting bliss of publicly poking them in the eye.

I know which one will be better for us and so very much more expensive for them...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    It is disturbing that an officer would do that.

I agree. The officer is not off the hook. The officer violated a Constitutional Right, if he knew he was wrong when he did it, he will PAY$. If he didn't know it was wrong he needs more training.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    FOIA request appropriate here? Who contacted Capital Police. just a thought

It would probably be reported as an anonymous call was received. Whoever made the call, knows what he/she was doing and I'm sure covered their tracks.

This must get out to the masses, the governor must address this issue, this goes far beyond the PP. This is tyranny.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Spindling the Chief will be short lived fun and misplaced anger. Is he culpable to some extent? Well, hell yeah.

He did not cook this particular crock of sh1t up on his own. I guarantee it.

Sometimes, the punch you pull, may be with someone who didn't really truly deserve it.

Y'all can keep calling for his head but you're thinking with your crank (IMO) if you do.

Part of the problem with a community like ours is our penchant for action...in this case tactical reaction. Take a deep breath, survey the battlespace and remind yourself of your objective or surely, you'll post a win in a battle and at the same time go a long way to assuring you loose the campaign/war.

Think long game. The chief ain't your long game objective.

Just one fella's opinion.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Exactly. We need to go up the ladder, not stop. We need to find out what prompted this, and if the orders came from the Chief, who gave him his marching orders. If the Chief of Police is not responsible for his officers' actions, then who the heck is?

High ranking police officials are politicians too.

They will follow orders given to them by high ranking elected officials.

And the police officers farther down the ladder are going to follow the orders sent down from their commanders. Without question.

What happened last night stinks. But the police aren't going to care. What we need are Republican members of the MGA raising holy hell over what happened. They need to stand on the sidewalk too. And dare the police to arrest THEM.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    And I think you guys hit the nail on the head there.

Just my opinion, I wasn't there and I am so glad the guys who were taken in are out now and okay. But I think it is a wasted opportunity to complain about the police and not the leftist lawmakers who you know darn well probably pressured the DGS police into "doing something" about those pesky people they found so annoying.

If you all you do is complain about the police, I can see right now what is going to happen. The liberals in the MGA are going to turn around and come back at you with "oh I agree, those protestors never should have been arrested, we may disagree on things but we fully support their right to protest as Americans, it's what makes us a free country, yada, yada, yada." And they come out looking better for this incident, not worse. Don't allow that to happen. Don't waste this PR opportunity. Don't let them turn the spotlight away from themselves and onto a few security guards. My suggestion is to keep demanding an investigation into why this suddenly became an issue.

Keep floating the idea that this is suppression of free speech by the democratic machine, not just by a few sworn security guards. Make it a local version of the accusations of Trump wanting to fire Mueller (oh won't the liberals love being compared to him). Hidden use of political power is a big deal in the news right now. And reporters love to theme local stories as mini-versions of national news themes.

These are just my opinions. And again I am so glad you guys who got picked up are apparently okay. You have my respect for taking so much of your time and always standing up for our rights.

You obviously do not think the police came up with this idea on their own. So, you think the police are going to tell us who instructed them to move the Patriot Picket off the sidewalk? If the police department is willing to give up that information, I am all for moving on and focusing all of our efforts on the person(s) that caused this to happen. Until then, both the Democratic politicians and the police department need to be leaned on. If this really does turn into a civil rights law suit, are you suggesting that the arresting officers and others officers present should not be deposed, that the police department should not be sued? I don't practice civil rights law, but I think this is a no holds barred time of incident when R&R and company are getting arrested in Annapolis for exercising their right to free speech.

I am not saying to focus on the police, and the police only, but the police hold the key to the information we need. Then again, maybe the culpable party that gave the order will step forward and admit that he/she sicked the MCP on the Patriot Picket. not holding my breath though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    https://www.facebook.com/MDCapitolPD/

Hit the review.

A few one stars so far and it's already tanked from 4.9 to 3.7 and falling.

The one star reviews might be misleading. I don't "like" or give 5 start reviews to things I do not like. A lot of people might be giving the video 1 star because they disagree with the content within the video and do not like what happened to the Patriot Picket.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Complaining to the chief's office is all well and good but is only going to be helpful to a point. The chief complaints need to be regarding who motivated the DGS police to suddenly take this action. And those need to be made in the press, and hopefully could be addressed by the appointment of a special counsel.

Personally I think it's time for an investigation into any political contact that could have occurred between politicians and the DGS police. Was there "collusion" (the dems love that word so) to interfere with people's constitutional right to express themselves? And since Frosh is the AG and on the record as saying gun rights activists are "nuts" among other things, it shouldn't be his office. A special counsel is needed.

This I agree with 100%.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    The one star reviews might be misleading. I don't "like" or give 5 start reviews to things I do not like. A lot of people might be giving the video 1 star because they disagree with the content within the video and do not like what happened to the Patriot Picket.

The one star rating and review I did on the FB page was for the MCP. The video wasn't mentioned. I was specific. Their rating is now at 2.6 stars.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A politician can say "go after those guys", but the police can say "I'm sorry, they are not doing anything illegal".

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    You obviously do not think the police came up with this idea on their own. So, you think the police are going to tell us who instructed them to move the Patriot Picket off the sidewalk? If the police department is willing to give up that information, I am all for moving on and focusing all of our efforts on the person(s) that caused this to happen. Until then, both the Democratic politicians and the police department need to be leaned on. If this really does turn into a civil rights law suit, are you suggesting that the arresting officers and others officers present should not be deposed, that the police department should not be sued? I don't practice civil rights law, but I think this is a no holds barred time of incident when R&R and company are getting arrested in Annapolis for exercising their right to free speech.

I am not saying to focus on the police, and the police only, but the police hold the key to the information we need. Then again, maybe the culpable party that gave the order will step forward and admit that he/she sicked the MCP on the Patriot Picket. not holding my breath though.

I'm not by any means saying the police department should not be held legally responsible. I am simply saying folks are wasting a huge opportunity by focusing solely on complaining on the individual officers. The spotlight of abuse of power allegations needs to fall on the democratic machine. The focus needs to be on the big picture. Just because people aren't likely to come forward with admissions of collusion doesn't mean it shouldn't be investigated IMHO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom