• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Silencerco barrels on sale.

For anyone who might be interested, Lone Wolf is clearing out their line of Stainless barrels made in South Korea by Dasan in Favor of their new "Alpha Wolf" nitrided line of barrels. I own several of these Dasan made stainless barrels, they are well made, reliable, and accurate, and as good as any brand of barrel I've ever used in a Glock. If you were ever thinking of trying a caliber conversion on one of your Glock's this is a good opportunity to get a quality barrel at a great price. They also have stock length, extended length, and threaded barrels.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=4

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Silencerco barrels on sale.

Thanks Doc. I used code "nbb" to get an extra 11% off and free shipping on your Brownells link.

I have a real bad feeling though that these 2 barrels are going to cost me close to a $1,000 in ancillary equipment and tax stamps.
    :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks Doc. I used code "nbb" to get an extra 11% off and free shipping on your Brownells link.

I have a real bad feeling though that these 2 barrels are going to cost me close to a $1,000 in ancillary equipment and tax stamps.
    :)

Happy to help. :lol2:

I used a Swenson slide. I had to do a little fitting of the barrel to get it to work. Don't know whether the problem was the barrel or the slide (my guess is the slide).

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I seems you can get deals on just about everything you need right now. My total bill came to $617. That includes a Brownell slide w/F serrations and window on top, AmeriGlo sights and a Glock G17C barrel (w/compensator slits on top of barrel). No fancy innards, just stock LPK, slide kit, recoil spring and 10rd mag. All new parts

I checked the price of a plain G17 without compensator and after shipping FFL and taxes it came to $605 so its costing 12 bucks more to make but its compensated and with upgraded sites.

The next trick will be to assemble it and hope it runs

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    After BF sales I can see someone building a plain jane P80 for sub $500

Frame $106 shipped
    Brownells Slide was $152 shipped
    Leaving you about $250 for OEM glock upper/lower parts kit with trigger, mag, sights and barrel

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I would like to build the upper, I'm really happy with the 17 I built. So I'm not really looking for an actual glock upper. Also it won't be until next year sometime before I can afford another build.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Well, if you want to give one or two away...

But next year for me too. Still have to finish my first one, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't even bother trying to obtain them. The 9mm slides sell so much better. I did run into a vendor at the gun show who sells off LE surplus .40 slide assembles with dead night sights for $360. She said she sells plenty.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Just realized that all polymer80 kits are compatible with Glock gen3 only, not gen4.
    So my plan of mixing .22 conversion kit for g19 gen4 with a polymer80 kit is apparently DOA.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Just realized that all polymer80 kits are compatible with Glock gen3 only, not gen4.
    So my plan of mixing .22 conversion kit for g19 gen4 with a polymer80 kit is apparently DOA.

You can use the Gen4 slide and one company has the patented piece to cover up the gap on the guide rod but I believe I read you should not use the Gen4 guide rod’s with the poly80 frame but instead the gen3 guide rod ? I’ll have to look it up.. It’s been questioned a dozen times or so on what exactly needed to be done thru other groups/boards

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You can use the Gen4 slide and one company has the patented piece to cover up the gap on the guide rod but I believe I read you should not use the Gen4 guide rod’s with the poly80 frame but instead the gen3 guide rod ? I’ll have to look it up.. It’s been questioned a dozen times or so on what exactly needed to be done thru other groups/boards

One adapter is to put a longer Gen 3 slide on a shorter Gen 4 frame. There is another adapter that allows you to put a Gen 3 recoil spring in a Gen 4 gun (slide and frame).

You can't physically fit a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame without grinding out the dust cover. I don't believe the 80% frames have enough plastic to grind away.

There is no adapter to put a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame, because it's physically impossible to use a spacer to remove material. It only adds it.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=919709

Glock17-gen3-gen4-005.jpg

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    You can't physically fit a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame without grinding out the dust cover. I don't believe the 80% frames have enough plastic to grind away.

There is no adapter to put a Gen 4 slide on a Gen 3 frame, because it's physically impossible to use a spacer to remove material. It only adds it.

Got it.
    I have g19 gen4, and want to add a polymer80 compatible. So that's not gonna happen. Had I known what I know now, would have bought a gen3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom