• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Very much this, one step at a time.

Step 1. Vote, get your family out to vote, get your friends out to vote.

Step 2. See what the shake out is with regards to elected officials in the House of Delegates and the Senate. These are the folks that will submit the bills that may become laws. Not Frosh. Not Brown. Not Everytown/MOMS/MAIG/Bloomberg.

Step 3. Make a plane for the legislative session, for now, everyone needs to start checking their calendars for Tuesday, February 10, as that will be the 2nd annual "2A Tuesday" legislative day.

By Feb 10, just like last year, we will have a handle on the majority of the 2A related bills in both houses. This will be the day for everyone to show up and remind them we aren't going anywhere. This day is especially geared for those that cannot take a day of on short notice for the "gun bill days." This is the day for these folks to show up and be heard along with everyone else that can take a short notice day and will have the ability to come out on "gun bill day."

Step 4. Stay in the face of your elected official by e-mailing, calling, stopping by in person, faxing, to remind them that they represent you. Ask them for the numbers of folks that have contacted them, for and against a certain issue. Then ask them if they are going to represent the majority, regardless of what it is.

Step 5. Get you family, friends, and neighbors to do all of the above in Step 4.

I'll be there on Feb 10th and for the Senate and House Gun Bill days, and probably a good amount of other days relating to same as well. Hopefully I can get a few buses running too.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Has anyone thought to put together a set of realistic legislative goals for next session? not necessarailly repeal of existing laws, but realistic adjustment. For instance:

1. A background check approved is good for 60 days. Why the heck do I do a background to get an HQL and then turn around and do another the next day to purchase a firearm?

2. Extend the definition of "home" to an owned automobile. If I must retreat, and I'm not near my home, my car is the next logical location.

3. Does the definition of "home" include a motor home? Should it?

The ball doesn't move by huge leaps but by small steps. Those steps can be in both directions. More suggestions would help. Moving out of state just helps the others.

If you are discussing the definition of "home" in regards to castle doctrine, there is no statutory definition of home as it applies to the castle doctrine because the castle doctrine is common law. Lou and I were just talking about Conway's Castle Doctrine bill from last session, and how it was a complete mess. Lou liked it if it stopped at step 1. The NRA liked it with an additional modification. I didn't like it at all.

One of the reasons they have the background check in place is for the 7 day wait and the revenue generating $10 fee. That is why you are having an additional background check done when you guy your handgun after just getting your HQL. THE STATE IS BROKE. Of course, this begs the question of whether the background check at $10 is a money maker or money loser (i.e., does it cost the state more than $10 to get it done).

I can think of better things to tackle, like exactly which Bushmaster rifles are banned versus everything currently made by Bushmaster. The way the MSP has it right now, a Bushmaster HBAR is banned because well, it is a Bushmaster. This is in direct conflict with the exemption carved out for a Colt HBAR.

SB281-2013 could be cleaned up a lot so we get a much clearer picture of what we can and cannot legally do. Obviously, I would prefer that it gets cleaned up in our favor. Even more obvious is that I would prefer a complete repeal of SB281-2013.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    Deep breaths.

First, we get through the elections, changing over as much of the GA as we possibly can.

Then, we can assess where we stand with respect to who can work with us.

At that point, we need to remember that the grabbers can propose anything they want, but that doesn't make it a done deal.

We need to be ready--once again--to hit the bricks, beginning as soon as next month, letting legislators know we're out here, and will not go down quietly.

Get involved with and support the statewide organizations who will be in front on the fight. MSI, AGC, MSRPA, MLFDA, and others. Encourage and support National organizations (particularly NSSF, SAF and GOA) to become more involved.

Our best hope IMO is a massive, unified effort, right out of the gate... even before the next legislature is seated.

But for the moment, one step at a time.
    Agreed, BS281 really woke up the 2A crowd in MD. It is what really got me motivated on local level politics. Well, that and our loss to Gansler in his appeal to the Judge Benson Everet Legg's Constitutional and righteous judgement that.....A CITIZEN SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A GOOD AND SUBSTANTIAL REASON AS TO WHY HE WISHES TO EXERCISE A RIGHT. THE RIGHTS EXISTENCE IS ALL THE REASON HE NEEDS. Because MERICA....that's why! Gansler's brief to the 4th court was a masterpiece of artfully crafted ********. He made it sound like you can do ANYTHING in MD with firearms and be within the law EXCEPT carry concealed high powered pistols in the metro railway station blah blah blah. Why, you can even wear an unloaded pistol to a dog training class! Well shiiiiiiiiiite! Had I known that, I would never had objected to May ( not ) issue. The sad thing is, he was no where near as bad as Frosh will be. He is a Froshing at the mouth, rabid, draft dodging, pedophile loving, criminal sympathizing, bleeding heart and seeping mind, liberal, left wing nut job if ever there was one. And those are his good points.Back in Senator Mcarthy's day, he would have been imprisoned. Ahh...the good olé days,when Men were Men, Women were Women, guns were good and God wasn't banned. America was America and truly WAS the greatest nation on the Earth. Is this what our Fathers, Grandparents and great Grandparents generation fought and died for? I think not.

I have not yet begun to rant..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom