• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    2012-08-15 13.39.46.jpg

I've got to get that patio redone so it doesn't form a lake and threaten the downstairs.

I'm in Towson MD

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I used Ari Concrete recently. Did a parking pad and redid our front stairs and walk.

Price was reasonable and work is quality. We dealt with the owner the whole time. (work was performed by the company, NO SUB-Contract).

VERY happy with them.

skooter525

Sep 27, 2008
    Aberdump
    Doesn't look like a big job, biggest thing is getting the concrete to the pad, be sure to put some rebar in it keep it from sinking. A broom finish should be good. I did concrete work for many years.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    If you can bust it up, just throw out one chunk every week with the trash. It'll all be gone by Fourth of July.

What is the area? 8 x 4? 8 1/2 x 5?

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Look up Troy Porta and son, They are doing my work, Foundation, basement slab and wall done, he is coming Friday to start all the flat work, Patio, driveway and sidewalks. If you need contact info PM me.

I have worked in the concrete industry, (Ran a concrete pump) so I am familiar (no expert though) on concrete work, From what I have seen so far, and the discussions about the rest of the work he is doing, he does it right!! I had a friend bid on my work, he was about75% higher than Troy, used LESS reinforcement, and although I know him, and his personality, my wife wasn't "comfortable" around him. (He is a "biker") She likes Troy, as do I, and more importantly, I like his work.

Tom

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Well I think it was false hope that Ari Concrete would do it. They were supposed to come Monday to estimate. No one came and no one has called me.

Time to try Troy.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    1. Rent an electric jack hammer for this small job.
    2. Buy a Load Handler for your (or a buddies) P/U http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/load_handler.htm. I have one, they work great.
    3. Take the rubble to Honeygo for disposal.
    4. Form up patio with a slight angle away from the house (1/8" per foot)
    5. Home Depot will rent or sell a small mixer.
    6. If you're like me, the whole job should be completed by next spring...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    1. Rent an electric jack hammer for this small job.
    2. Buy a Load Handler for your (or a buddies) P/U http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/load_handler.htm. I have one, they work great.
    3. Take the rubble to Honeygo for disposal.
    4. Form up patio with a slight angle away from the house (1/8" per foot)
    5. Home Depot will rent or sell a small mixer.
    6. If you're like me, the whole job should be completed by next spring...

Nobody wants such a small job.

Xd40c has it right. This is probably what you'll have to do.

Actually I was serious about throwing cantaloupe-size chunks out over the next 6 months. If you have a spot in the yard where you can pile a little rubble temporarily, why not? Put it next to that old AMC Pacer you have on blocks, there by the washing machine.

Or you can rent/borrow a pick-up and haul it to the dump, if you don't mind people laughing at you and calling you "City Boy".

Anyway, the reason I asked for the dimensions was to estimate how many bags of sacrete you will need. I think I reckoned about 20. Home Depot/Lowes rents portable electric mixers that work great. (Hint: Be sure to have it going before you put the sacrete in .)

I suspect this is what you'll have to do.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Check with Sunbelt or one of the other rental places. They rent a trailer/concrete vat combo that you pick up with the concrete mixed and ready to go. Just trailer it to the jobsite and dump it. I don't know the exact details but I've heard it's around $100.00. It holds a half yard, full yard? Hell, 20 bags of concrete at Home Depot will cost you $80.00, then you need a mixer.

Next time I do a conc. job I'll go this route.

Zombie_Slayer

Feb 20, 2012
    baltimore
    I could prob do that job for you in next week or so.
    I work for nations biggest landscape company and me and one of my bosses do lots of sidework
    He did concrete for years. My name is jason. 4437568814
    My partner is tony 5713568234. If u want give either of us a call

Jason

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    he never advertised - just responded. don't think he did anything wrong PJ.

and before you mention the 1st post - it looks like he has been a lurker since February.

I was just playing around. I know they changed the rules a while back. Some people seem to get told, others not, case by case I guess.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I could prob do that job for you in next week or so.
    I work for nations biggest landscape company and me and one of my bosses do lots of sidework
    He did concrete for years. My name is jason. 4437568814
    My partner is tony 5713568234. If u want give either of us a call

Jason

i think this is the only way you are going to get this project done for a reasonable price. most concrete companies are going to be too expensive for that little of a job. i also do concrete on the side and do many small jobs that the big companies dont want to mess with. the only issue with doing somehting like this is that the risk of the customer not paying or the guy not doing the job right. but thats the risk with trying to save money.

i charge the customers that i dont not know in 3rds. one third before the jobs starts, 2nd third after the old concrete is out and forms are up. the last 3rd after the new concrete is poured. with something like this it would have be half when we start and the other half when we finish. but this is small it looks like only a yard of concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom