• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    Eff that! Don't get sad. Get mad! Kill something. Never give up!

I missed my "target buck" two days ago. I refused to feel bad about the shot or the miss. Season's still rolling. You have just as much chance now as you did when you missed. Next time, don't miss...

I didn't. ;)

Damn!!!!
    Very nice, congrats :thumbsup:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Very nice. I'm guessing lazarus is regretting not getting out today. lol Then again, maybe he will kill the monster of all monsters tomorrow.

I was supposed to go goose hunting this morning, but I woke up sick. My kids are killing me with this illness stuff. Cutting into my hunting/shooting time, and a lot of other things too.

It is what it is. Sadder about the lack of good company. I ain’t going hungry for venison before next deer season. Now I am just doing it because I want a few more days in nature and the thrill of seeing deer in the woods with a weapon in my hand (whether I bag one or not).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm beginning to think that he's something of a Virtual Reality guru and he's playing us. :lol2:

I can vouch for him being a real person, but I still haven’t seen this so called wall of buck heads he keeps going on about. :D:lol2:

I guess I’ll have to assume he isn’t photoshopping himself and antlers in to pictures of cart horses that died of fright.

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    Eff that! Don't get sad. Get mad! Kill something. Never give up!

I missed my "target buck" two days ago. I refused to feel bad about the shot or the miss. Season's still rolling. You have just as much chance now as you did when you missed. Next time, don't miss...

I didn't. ;)
    Nice deer! Way to hang in there.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Suns out guns out

Attachments

• 6641C31B-D821-47EF-B103-CE5889936551.jpg
      6641C31B-D821-47EF-B103-CE5889936551.jpg
      196.8 KB · Views: 133

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    CVA Optima? I have the same thing.

I went out this morning and didnt see anything. I really want to be in the stand right now but i have to go to work :sad20:
    I just checked my cams and they are coming in around 10pm and 4am the past few days. I will still be out this afternoon but hopes aren't high.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just checked my cams and they are coming in around 10pm and 4am the past few days. I will still be out this afternoon but hopes aren't high.

Thats good to know. I keep forgetting to pull my cards.

My son is going out tonight to sit in the stand. Hopefully something comes in

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How often are you guys pulling cards? Are your cams pointing directly on your "kill zones"?

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    How often are you guys pulling cards? Are your cams pointing directly on your "kill zones"?
    Pull mine every week or so but depends on what part of the season it is. Some cams are in kill zones, other ones are on paths they use. My one cam on a trail wasn't taking pictures so I just reset it and put in a new card.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I'm tired of fartin' around the house and checking in here - headed out to a cold treestand for the afternoon ...

Was out to feed the goats earlier and saw what I think were coyote tracks in the snow along the electric fence, right size, right gait. If one strolls by, song venison is on the menu too.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm tired of fartin' around the house and checking in here - headed out to a cold treestand for the afternoon ...

Was out to feed the goats earlier and saw what I think were coyote tracks in the snow along the electric fence, right size, right gait. If one strolls by, song venison is on the menu too.

Get off yer duff and get out there and kill something!

:party29:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I knew I overlooked something! We will have some proof if there is any irreguliar predators on my land. I put the remainder of the Christmas turkey in the middle of my hill and a game can on the remains. Let’s see some wild dogs!

I found these Tracks all around my hill and my porch this afternoon. I do not have dogs and neither do my two neighbors. Does anyone have any idea what they are from? I know for sure I have foxes but they are too big for that.

Attachments

• 33C446A5-0B90-4912-9168-2F417396E43F.jpg
      33C446A5-0B90-4912-9168-2F417396E43F.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 127

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Coywolf. They say they get to around 80 lbs.

This video was back in 2014 and specifically deals with them in the state of New York. There have been reports of them in Cecil and Harford County that I know of, probably other counties in Maryland too. I thought I saw one when we first moved into our house. The property was part of about 400 acres of no man's land. Nothing done to the property for hundreds of years. I'm attributing the lack of deer to this animal in my area. In years past we would see deer everyday in my back yard. This year, I've probably seen less than 20 the entire year (January 1st to December 30th). In my 5 years that's a drastic drop in sightings. Trail camera hasn't shown many at night either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd18fLEf_Cw

[YT]Sd18fLEf_Cw[/YT]

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Bad place to put this but those of you with Bushnell trail cams they will replace the battery trays and straps for free, free shipping, you just have to have the exact model number and call them. I just got 11 free straps and 6 free trays. I have 30+ cameras now o I needed the extra stuff but it was at my office within 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom