• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    It digs into my shoulder the whole time and when I kneel the barrel sits on the floor ( I was told it was suppose to be floating). I cant tighten anymore cause I cant put it on and wont fit and it'll choke the living crap out of me. If I bend over just little bit the barrel smashes against the floor, it's a 16 inch barrel. I tried my 18 and 20 no cigar I would have to choke myself to kneel. I'm short as all hell 5'5. Picture attached

for short people is it better to go a different route for slings?

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
      DSC_0021.jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 629

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I found that single point slings did this for me. They also allowed the gun to beat my junk up.

Maybe someone will have some better advice to help you.

I switched to 2 point sling for all my rifles and carbines. Infound that they make VTAC slings for my carbines and precision rifles. I love the things.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    I found that single point slings did this for me. They also allowed the gun to beat my junk up.

I switched to 2 point sling for all my rifles and carbines. Infound that they make VTAC slings for my carbines and precision rifles. I love the things.

I forgot to mention that, whenever I walk with it it beats on my junk. It's unconformable as all hell. I'll look into the VTAC slings, this one is an Magpul MS3.

is yours running like his?

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    If it's the one with QD connects you can switch back and forth to two point. It's on right if you're right handed. Also you can tuck it further toward your side if you don't wanna switch to two point so it doesn't beat up your junk.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    If I HAVE to use a single point I have it mounted to the reciever extension (but the stock doesn't collapse all the way). That will raise the rifle a bit.

Single points, inexperienced users and movement all contribute to the advanced rifle position known as the unexpected prone when the rifle slams into your dick and leaves you writhing in pain.

Friends don't let friends use single point slings.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    If I HAVE to use a single point I have it mounted to the reciever extension (but the stock doesn't collapse all the way). That will raise the rifle a bit.

Single points, inexperienced users and movement all contribute to the advanced rifle position known as the unexpected prone when the rifle slams into your dick and leaves you writhing in pain.

Friends don't let friends use single point slings.
    Lol this made me bust out laughing, looks like 2 point is the way to go

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The big advantage to single point slings is the ease with which one can transition back and forth from weak to strong side as the need arises. Other than that, me no likey.

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    The big advantage to single point slings is the ease with which one can transition back and forth from weak to strong side as the need arises. Other than that, me no likey.
    You think both 2 and single are fine in a home defense situation with small areas that you have to maneuver around?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    You think both 2 and single are fine in a home defense situation with small areas that you have to maneuver around?

2 answers here. Answer #1 is a 2 point sling can be configured to be just as functional in a HD scenario as a single point.
    Answer #2 is just use no sling for HD. This is my choice. I'm unlikely to be "in full kit" with body armor, pistol, extra mags. It's likely to just be me a rifle or a pistol and an extra mag stuffed in my pajamas. And yes I have practiced in my PJ's on a range. If I'm clothed I have my holster and mag holder and a tourniquet.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    2 answers here. Answer #1 is a 2 point sling can be configured to be just as functional in a HD scenario as a single point.
    Answer #2 is just use no sling for HD. This is my choice. I'm unlikely to be "in full kit" with body armor, pistol, extra mags. It's likely to just be me a rifle or a pistol and an extra mag stuffed in my pajamas. And yes I have practiced in my PJ's on a range. If I'm clothed I have my holster and mag holder and a tourniquet.

#2 FTW:party29:

And as far as HD goes, I prefer handguns, but that's just me.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Single point on an AR should be mounted by the castle nut, not the buttstock.

But a 2 pt sling is better in every way, as far as I'm concerned. And I'm the same height as the OP

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Like this shows. Quick adjust 2pt offers more options, 2/1 offer even more, but a 1pt does have some benefits in limited circumstances. It is faster to transition shoulders, less bulk shooting when slung, faster to transition to a handgun, and with QDs faster to separate the rifle from you. Works best with short rifles or PDWs

Attachments

• Wilderness_Single_Point_Sling.jpg
      Wilderness_Single_Point_Sling.jpg
      82.9 KB · Views: 495

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Like this shows. Quick adjust 2pt offers more options, 2/1 offer even more, but a 1pt does have some benefits in limited circumstances. It is faster to transition shoulders, less bulk shooting when slung, faster to transition to a handgun, and with QDs faster to separate the rifle from you. Works best with short rifles or PDWs

I don't think it's any faster to transition to a handgun with a single pt. vs. a 2 pt. And even switching shoulders is only marginally faster with a single pt. To me it's just not worth the bother. Even on my AR pistol I have a 2 pt.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester

I use 2 point for all my rifles (standard and quick adjustable.) For my MPX I use a 2 pt sling that converts to single point.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This:

Or this: you decide

To me, both have their place. Single point works better when clearing an indoor structure.

Two point is better in most other situations - Clearing obstructions, open terrain, dynamic situations...

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    This:

Or this: you decide

To me, both have their place. Single point works better when clearing an indoor structure.

Two point is better in most other situations - Clearing obstructions, open terrain, dynamic situations...

Agreed. I'd recommend a sling with QD that gos from 2 point to 1 point with the push of a button. I find myself carrying most times as a 2 point, and switching it to 1 point when it's go time.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Guess I'm the minority here, but I love single point slings. The downfalls have been pointed out but for me I'm a single point sling guy all the way. Just protect the family jewels when you run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah

The sack tap is a real problem.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Single point on an AR should be mounted by the castle nut, not the buttstock.

That should help...a lot. My wife is 5'2.5" (yes, she insists in counting the half) and can single point a 16" AR (attached at the castle nut) without it dragging the ground...or choking her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom