Want to shoot faster, better? Get stronger.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ascorb

Mar 2, 2016

I deadlift heavy twice a week, it has helped my pistol grip and aim. This also includes one handed and I am able to control my rifle a lot easier and hold it for longer periods of time (Heavy standing Shoulder presses). When I bulk in January it'll help my strength a lot more, I'll be shooting more as well to take advantage of it. Dont forget heavy sqauts , help stabilize the entire body form shaking. Branch uses steroids though, unfortunately I have no use for them since I dont compete.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I deadlift heavy twice a week, it has helped my pistol grip and aim. This also includes one handed and I am able to control my rifle a lot easier and hold it for longer periods of time (Heavy standing Shoulder presses). When I bulk in January it'll help my strength a lot more, I'll be shooting more as well to take advantage of it. Dont forget heavy sqauts , help stabilize the entire body form shaking. Branch uses steroids though, unfortunately I have no use for them since I dont compete.

Good stuff, thanks for the confirmation.

Given 12 coins such that exactly one of them is fake (lighter or heavier than the rest, but it is unknown whether the fake coin is heavier or lighter), and a two pan scale, devise a procedure to identify the fake coin and whether it is heavier or lighter by doing no more than 3 weighings.
    `
    Weight any 4 with any other 4.
    `
    Case 1. This first weighing (4 with 4) balances.
    `
    Then the 8 coins that you weighed are all good and the 4 that you didn't weigh are suspects for the fake coin.
    `
    Weigh 3 good coins against 3 suspect coins.
    `
    A. If they balance then the remaining suspect coin is the fake coin, so then you weigh the fake coin with one of the good coins to see whether its heavier or lighter.
    `
    B. If they don't balance then you can tell whether the suspect coin is heavier or lighter, so weigh one suspect coin with another. If they weigh the same, the remaining one is the fake one, and if they don't, you know which of the two on the scale is the fake one because you already know whether it's heavier or lighter.
    `
    Case 2. The first weighing 4 with 4 doesn't balance. Then put two from the heavier side and one from the lighter side on each side of the scale.
    `
    A. If they balance then you know the fake coin is one of the two from the previous lighter side that you didn't weigh, and you also know that the fake coin is lighter. So weigh one of those with a good coin. If those balance then you know the one you didn't weigh is the fake coin and you know it's lighter. If they don't balance, then the lighter one on the scale is the fake one.
    `
    B. If they don't balance, then the fake coin is either one of the ones on the PRESENT heavy side from the PREVIOUS heavy side and it's heavier, or you know that the fake coin is one from the PRESENT lighter side from the PREVIOUS lighter side and it's lighter. Now from the PRESENT heavy side, weigh one from the PREVIOUS heavy side with the other from the PREVIOUS heavy side. If they weigh the same, then the fake coin is the one from the PREVIOUS lighter side and it's lighter. Otherwise the heavier one from the PREVIOUS heavier side is the fake coin and it's heavier.
    `
    Edwin

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A little bulk above the average couch potato is probably good, but definition and endurance are probably the overall winners.

You don't see many top shooting champs (in any shooting category) that look like Arnold. More of them look like Jerry Miculek

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Good stuff, thanks for the confirmation.

Given 12 coins such that exactly one of them is fake (lighter or heavier than the rest, but it is unknown whether the fake coin is heavier or lighter), and a two pan scale, devise a procedure to identify the fake coin and whether it is heavier or lighter by doing no more than 3 weighings.
    `
    Weight any 4 with any other 4.
    `
    Case 1. This first weighing (4 with 4) balances.
    `
    Then the 8 coins that you weighed are all good and the 4 that you didn't weigh are suspects for the fake coin.
    `
    Weigh 3 good coins against 3 suspect coins.
    `
    A. If they balance then the remaining suspect coin is the fake coin, so then you weigh the fake coin with one of the good coins to see whether its heavier or lighter.
    `
    B. If they don't balance then you can tell whether the suspect coin is heavier or lighter, so weigh one suspect coin with another. If they weigh the same, the remaining one is the fake one, and if they don't, you know which of the two on the scale is the fake one because you already know whether it's heavier or lighter.
    `
    Case 2. The first weighing 4 with 4 doesn't balance. Then put two from the heavier side and one from the lighter side on each side of the scale.
    `
    A. If they balance then you know the fake coin is one of the two from the previous lighter side that you didn't weigh, and you also know that the fake coin is lighter. So weigh one of those with a good coin. If those balance then you know the one you didn't weigh is the fake coin and you know it's lighter. If they don't balance, then the lighter one on the scale is the fake one.
    `
    B. If they don't balance, then the fake coin is either one of the ones on the PRESENT heavy side from the PREVIOUS heavy side and it's heavier, or you know that the fake coin is one from the PRESENT lighter side from the PREVIOUS lighter side and it's lighter. Now from the PRESENT heavy side, weigh one from the PREVIOUS heavy side with the other from the PREVIOUS heavy side. If they weigh the same, then the fake coin is the one from the PREVIOUS lighter side and it's lighter. Otherwise the heavier one from the PREVIOUS heavier side is the fake coin and it's heavier.
    `
    Edwin
    I think you just copied and pasted in the wrong thread :lol:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Just stumbled across this video. This guy is a beast, but you can see his lack of training and technique make him not so 'better' nor 'faster'. He relates near the end of the video that he has been shooting (poorly) for many years, and improved ~90% just from this one shooting event.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fitness in general can have advantages in fighting, survival, and overall health.

For shooting the need is more soecific. Fingers, hands, wrists, forearms on descending order.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Places like CrossFit gyms, strength and conditioning facilities or any modern "group personal training" will help build a skillful base. This assumes that the place isn't populated with fools. No dancing around, no balancing on inflatable balls, no silly showmanship.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Two excellent exercises to improve shooting, bend over row (builds hand/arm/grip strength as well as back, core, shoulders, and legs):

bent-over-row_1.jpg

And shoulder raises, front and side, alternating:

iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom