• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I just bought an AK and I want to put a side folder on it. My google foo and search on here has come up with a few, I was hoping to get some opinions from those who may have hands on experience.

The three that I have found are the ACE folders, Bonesteel, and Falcon Arms. I think the biggest difference amongst them is that the Falcon Arms doesn't require me to cut off the tang. This leads me to the next question, if I get one that requires me to cut off the tang, will that mean that I can never reattach a fixed stock?

Thanks in advance for your help.:thumbsup:

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I have a falcon arms on my m+m it's alright. Install was a little tricky and it doesn't quite line up straight when extended.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Does the Bonesteel look in both the open and closed positions? How accessible is the charging handle when the stock is closed?

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Check out mako as well. I have the push button one, nice an secure, does not require tang removal either, the joint is polymer though, the Galil style is a steel joint though, if concerned.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I think I am leaning towards the Bonesteel. Can anyone advise if it locks in both the open and closed position? Also, will it work with a regular charging handle, or will I have to get one that is canted?

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just go with the romy wire style side folder. It installs with the tang, locks open and closed and doesn't interfere with the charging handle.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I think I am leaning towards the Bonesteel. Can anyone advise if it locks in both the open and closed position? Also, will it work with a regular charging handle, or will I have to get one that is canted?

Its tensioned in the folded position but does not lock. It locks in the Open Position.

Its a great design.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Surplus Beryl stock would be the way to go if you can find one. They were cheap and plentiful a year or so ago. No tang chopping required. Simple installation.

DimaK

May 15, 2012
    Bonesteel I have on my Vepr 12 is very nice indeed. Would recommend hands down. I am in the process of installing a AK-100 stock on an AK and the cost is truly prohibitive and must be done out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom