• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So I got this Personal Defense Network training offer in email like many Im sure. It offers a year of video training view for $7.77

Does any one have experience with PDN video or offer an opinion on video viewing as a training tool. Or he worth of the training ?

Ed

If its the same outfit that had a series on the Outdoor Life channel, it looked interesting. I'll have to look, but I think I purchased a few of their DVD's of the show at a sporting goods store long ago. I don't recall the quality of content, but a lot of training is going streaming media.

Can you name some of the folks involved, that would help.

If its the same outfit that had a series on the Outdoor Life channel, it looked interesting. I'll have to look, but I think I purchased a few of their DVD's of the show at a sporting goods store long ago. I don't recall the quality of content, but a lot of training is going streaming media.

Can you name some of the folks involved, that would help.

The pointer drops you off at this location on their website

http://go.personaldefensenetwork.com/C6663/

I clicked around a little but I did not find any names save Rob Pincus which apparently is business owner or front. They seem to brag mostly of hundreds of video contend in many gendra and both free and premium( pay for )

So maybe some guys who have also gotten this ad dropped in their email have benefited or had view point on their quality. That is what I hoped to discover with my question.

Ed

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    For $10 why ask? I was with my nephews the other day and they wanted matching lightsaber flashlights at $15 each. Didn't even think just plunked down cash.

Now for more solid info. Rob Pincus is a nationally recognized and respected firearms instructor. Don't think he's former SEAL, Special Forces etc so if you're looking for helicopter assault operations he's prolly not the dude you're looking for but if you're looking for good solid info it's worth it.

Also video training is better than absolutely nothing but is in no way a substitute for real time with an actual instructor.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For $10 why ask? I was with my nephews the other day and they wanted matching lightsaber flashlights at $15 each. Didn't even think just plunked down cash.

Now for more solid info. Rob Pincus is a nationally recognized and respected firearms instructor. Don't think he's former SEAL, Special Forces etc so if you're looking for helicopter assault operations he's prolly not the dude you're looking for but if you're looking for good solid info it's worth it.

Also video training is better than absolutely nothing but is in no way a substitute for real time with an actual instructor.

This 100%

Also, Rob is kind of a middle of the road training guy, he doesn't keep it so simple it becomes boring form anyone beyond the initial basics. He also doesn't present reckless material that might get the very untrained hurt if they do not have sufficient in person training.

Rob's heart is in the right place, and he is an excellent instructor, beyond that I see he's starting to step up to taking on some of the anti-gun folks.

Check this out as he is interviewed by a generally left wing, but somewhat open minded media group:

The moderator of the YoungTurks seems like he's someone who can be helped to sort through the propaganda and the facts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBpvWzCuAk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Good friend of mine hosted 2 seasons of the PDN show on Outdoor Channel. He left because the desire to mouth hug companies for advertising dollars outweighed the training desire. I think 1 episode, they wanted him to teach clearing a house with a gunsite scout rifle with Hornady taped all over it. Something crazy like that.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good friend of mine hosted 2 seasons of the PDN show on Outdoor Channel. He left because the desire to mouth hug companies for advertising dollars outweighed the training desire. I think 1 episode, they wanted him to teach clearing a house with a gunsite scout rifle with Hornady taped all over it. Something crazy like that.

That's too bad, I remember watching a couple of the first episodes and thinking it was refreshing to see something realistic and helpful to the vast majority of average gun owners.

I've heard that a lot of 'reality' shows have producers that try to make it exciting and gently encourage or even outright script episodes and scenes to make them more interesting. Sounds by your account that some of this unrealistic sensationalism and overly advertising has done some damage to the PDN show.

I recall Cody Lundin, one of the stars of the 'Dual Survival' show, saying in an interview that he resisted producers many times asking him to do stuff that he thought was against his survival principles and he didn't want anyone seeing him do something 'stupid' and getting hurt as a result. One example was them telling Cody to climb a tree and look around. Cody said no, because it wasn't necessary, too risky, wasted energy, etc. Ironically in another show (competition about getting across Alaska), one of the contestants climbed a tree 'to get a look around', and while climbing down, jumped the final few feet and injured himself so badly they had to remove him from the show. I think Cody (and your friend) were right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom