• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Attached is the 2017 IWLA Training Schedule (revised). Also attached is the course registration form.

Chief Instructor Ben Kelkye is one of a very few NRA Master Training Counselors, he was appointed as a DNR Chief Hunter Safety Instructor, and was inducted into the Hunter Safety Education Hall of Fame by the Maryland Natural Resources Police.

Over the last 20 years, Ben has trained a majority of the area range owners and firearms instructors, as well as members of almost every area law enforcement organization.

Read some of his class reviews on his website, here.

Register early as classes tend to fill up quickly.

Contact ben@kelkye.com or 301-401-6262 with any questions.

View attachment FrederickIWLA-Training-Schedule-2017.pdf
    View attachment IWLA Reg Form V4.pdf

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Well, first - the best place to ask questions is to email or call Ben (as indicated above).

That being said I'll try to answer questions on topics I know very little about (I don't hunt and I don't participate in the youth program.

The Youth Program is provided free for children 7-18. It meets every other Sunday from 12-4. A parent is required to attend.

The program teaches appreciation and outdoor skills, such as animal identification, orienteering, archery and firearm safety.

The youth group prepares for and competes annually in the National Youth Hunter Education Challenge.

Maryland Hunter Safety can be completed online and field day, or classroom and field day. Both require a "field day" where you demonstrate skills to an instructor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom