• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    LOL the oaks are legendary. i worked at Harold's produce thru high school and a bunch of my friends lived in the oaks.

Harold's is awesome! Are they still around? I can't find raw Lima beans anywhere

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    my friend got shot yesterday:sad20:
    Thank you so much everyone for all your care and support. I was robbed yesterday and shot in the foot before they ran off. The bullet passed through my left foot and broke some bones but I'm ok. I am still in the hospital so they can keep an eye on infection but hopefully heading home this evening and will be wearing a boot for several weeks. It's amazing how fast word travels and I'm very thankful for my incredibly large family of friends.

Where exactly did this happen?

wynnstudio

"Member"
    Feb 15, 2011
    Parkville, MD
    I live in Parkville and can see harford road from my house. I don't see it as the hood. It has crime but no more then what I saw when I lived in Timonium.

I have no fear of walking down to the Parkville shopping center or other local stores and parks.

wynnstudio

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    LOL the oaks are legendary. i worked at Harold's produce thru high school and a bunch of my friends lived in the oaks.

I lived on yakona rd right at black oak..... went to Harold's every week for veggies with my dad.
    Worked at the village bake shop thru high school.... remember that place.... great bakery.
    Oaks were a great place to live back then.... don't think I would run around at night there without my glock.. lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

coindad

Aug 7, 2011
    i own a used car lot on harford road all is see is heroin dealer and prostitutes it has gotten a little better of the past 8 months but seems like crime is moving up

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Damn.
    Home invasion last night on Linwood. A group of men broke in to a house beat up the owner and left without getting anything. Article is on patch; can't link it from my phone.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    my brother in law was a manager at the superfresh on taylor and harford, he would tell me stories about the shoplifters but I never thought parkville was that bad.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    my brother in law was a manager at the superfresh on taylor and harford, he would tell me stories about the shoplifters but I never thought parkville was that bad.

I'm not saying it is perfect but Parkville is no better or worse than other places surrounding the city that are on a bus route.

I'd bet that most shoplifters in the Super Fresh (now a nice Giant) were not from Parkville but from further south on Harford road.........

Having said that, the area around Harford and Taylor has been a real hot spot for crime that last couple of weeks.......

Man, I can see it going down hill.
    Grew up in the Oaks, till I was 18.... great back then.... lol
    Moved to Rosedale in my first apt.
    Moved to putty hill and oakleigh rd for a year.
    Moved to parkville on Daniels ave for a few years.
    Moved to townhomes behind original batemans on Harford for a year.
    Been living in Perry hall for 14 years and I can see it getting worse each year.

This post just made me realize I am a gypsy..... lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

My family and I moved out of Perry Hall to Timonium 19 years ago, and apart from the greater expense, I've never regretted it. Aside from the York Road corridor and apartment city over around Cranbrook, everything's pretty cool, especially west of 83.

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    Harold's was torn down:sad20: i am still close friends with the former owner and several old co-workers. i was there from 94-99 and it was some of the best times of my life. village bake shop:thumbsup: i still eat at Pastore's every saturday. we used to trade cases of produce for food at all the local places:) i live close by but in the 21286

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Glad this thread came along. I was set to look at a few houses in Parkville (one of them on Linwood) this weekend. Maybe I should check into the area a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom