• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Don't let us forget, it was the Gwinn Bushmaster that was banned.
    Unfortunately, the MD law left out the Gwinn MFG part in the law and eventually everything AR from the Bushmaster company the MSP said was banned even though they had pretty good Colt HBAR copies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:First_Generation_Bushmaster_Assault_Rifle.JPG

several shops including one IP here were selling Bushmaster versions of the Colt HBAR on 4473 only before and after Oct 2013

Because of the mistakes of MSP, anything with bushmaster on it will get more scrutiny than is deserved.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Don't let us forget, it was the Gwinn Bushmaster that was banned.
    Unfortunately, the MD law left out the Gwinn MFG part in the law and eventually everything AR from the Bushmaster company the MSP said was banned even though they had pretty good Colt HBAR copies.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:First_Generation_Bushmaster_Assault_Rifle.JPG

several shops including one IP here were selling Bushmaster versions of the Colt HBAR on 4473 only before and after Oct 2013

Because of the mistakes of MSP, anything with bushmaster on it will get more scrutiny than is deserved.

And I take it back...…...its been a while since I looked at these. Its pretty bad when Classic Arms beats Midway "Clearance" by almost $100. Hmmmm may have to get one.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    One of my local shops used to carry Bushmaster stripped lowers, but they stopped a while ago. I have a nice carbine built on that, and I just installed a new Fostech Echo Sport trigger in it.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    One of my local shops used to carry Bushmaster stripped lowers, but they stopped a while ago. I have a nice carbine built on that, and I just installed a new Fostech Echo Sport trigger in it.

What's the echo sport? And also, what's the current standing on echo triggers? I'm planning a fishing trip in October depending on the outcome of the court case.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Got one of the .450 uppers from another vendor for less than $440 shipped. Not bad for a chrome lined decent make complete upper.

Now to build the thumper on a post FSA lower.

The other vendor shipped promptly and was cheaper. Here is the kicker they specifically disabled the option to ship to UPS store or depot, so I had to take a few hours off work to receive on the 3rd attempt. Not worth it and an idiot move. Id pay $80 more given the time I invested in this.

Last edited:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    What is the deal with magazines for these? Can they use stock mags, follower change, or proprietary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom