• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Anyone hit the put and take trout spots yet? Hope to get some worms and power bait, then hit the patapsco to try for some rainbows. I caught some big 15 inches a few years ago. What you catch?

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I've been hitting the rivers hard up here in WV. Took the family out this past Sunday and we caught 41 total, so we were able to bring home 18, five of those I kept alive in a cooler and released in our lake to catch again at a later date.
    This pic is while cleaning some of our catch.

Attachments

• trout.jpg
      trout.jpg
      92.3 KB · Views: 468

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I've been hitting the rivers hard up here in WV. Took the family out this past Sunday and we caught 41 total, so we were able to bring home 18, five of those I kept alive in a cooler and released in our lake to catch again at a later date.
    This pic is while cleaning some of our catch.

Thats quite a few trout.What baits or lures were you using?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I'm probably gonna hit some local lakes and ponds on Friday using Power Bait.

They hit Allen’s pond not long ago. If your in DC the ride to Bowie ain’t far.

FYI DC WILL BE ENFORCING FISHING LICENSES THIS YEAR!!! The ticket is $75 bucks and a citation ticket meaning it counts the same as an arrest and goes on your record. The DC License is $10 and can be bought online. It’s written into law that all money obtained from licenses goes directly back into fishing preservation and waterway restoration in the city.

Thread derail but trying to save someone a headache.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Caught on orange glitter power bait with white worm. That combo did well for me.

Attachments

• 847C760A-08BD-47C5-A99A-A74A20608DCE.jpg
      847C760A-08BD-47C5-A99A-A74A20608DCE.jpg
      112.3 KB · Views: 344

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Here is one my son caught. We were in a hole where none of the fish were under 20". We caught four and lost seven trying to get them into my net, which was too small and they would break the line or bend the hook before we could get them in the net. Needless to say I bought a better/bigger net for the next time we are in a similar situation.

Attachments

• 20190418_064635_1.jpg
      20190418_064635_1.jpg
      116.4 KB · Views: 221

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Caught 2 golden's off Bottom road yesterday.
    ay0l6p.jpg
    [/IMG]

Great!

We stuck about 1/2 dozen goldies that we caught in our pond to recatch at some later point. It's an acre and a half pond, so I'm not sure we'll ever figure out where to find them or the other 2 dozen trout we have released into it.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    That’s a beautiful fish.
    How are you fishing power bait and a worm together?

I pinch off a section of worm and put it on the hook then form a ball of power bait around the eye of the hook.

Attachments

• 0B8023AD-81BD-4BB2-BA01-9ABDC7A12360.jpg
      0B8023AD-81BD-4BB2-BA01-9ABDC7A12360.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 183

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    Here is one my son caught. We were in a hole where none of the fish were under 20". We caught four and lost seven trying to get them into my net, which was too small and they would break the line or bend the hook before we could get them in the net. Needless to say I bought a better/bigger net for the next time we are in a similar situation.

Those aren't the stocked trout are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom