• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Oh I like the stainless steel........

My new one is black, but I foresee others if I like it. Any suggestions for leather? Might even need a cowboy hat in honor of its arrival lol

TD

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I have several Blackhawks. All are great. My 6.5" .357/9mm stainless is by far my favorite handgun. Extremely accurate.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I have a Ruger Single-Six .22LR/.22WRM, and I love it. Years ago, when I had no money, I had an RG .22LR I shot while I was in college. It was so much fun that I decided to buy a Ruger now. Rather than have a .357 Magnum, I have a Ruger Security-Six, which is almost as strong as a single action. They're incredible guns.

Photo taken in 1976 shooting my el cheapo RG .22LR single action. It was
    built on an aluminum frame and weighed about what my toy gun as a kid
    weighed! Cheap, yes; fun, yes! And I missed it when I sold it to buy a Ruger
    Standard Auto.

--

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    I really like the Wolff reduced power shooters paks for single action rugers. You can install the springs by just removing the grips. On my single six the springs made an unbelievable difference. You may need to try different weight hammer springs on the centerfire guns to make sure they are reliable.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have two Ruger single action revolvers and have owned others. I really enjoy shooting them and have always been pleased with the production quality.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The single actions are sturdy and have good triggers right from the factory. I like mine a lot. Too bad the final polish on the stainless ones is uneven. Doesn't affect the way they shoot, of course. They're more like tools than artwork.

I need to take cleaning stuff to the range with me. Or find cleaner .22 ammo. The Single Ten got too dirty on the last trip, and locked up the cylinder. I knew it was pretty tight but hadn't seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom