Fairfax Rod & Gun: Vintage Gun Challenge (CMP Games style match)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Any idea if an M1 Garand with a criterion barrel is allowed? The CMP rules state re-barreling is allowed, assuming it's the same as an "as issued" rifle. Nothing specific is stated in this flier though

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Any idea if an M1 Garand with a criterion barrel is allowed? The CMP rules state re-barreling is allowed, assuming it's the same as an "as issued" rifle. Nothing specific is stated in this flier though

Yes. For that particular match, they actually allow match conditioned M1s, not just as-issued.

M1a and M1 rifles may
    be match conditioned with bedded action and national match sights.

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes. For that particular match, they actually allow match conditioned M1s, not just as-issued.

Thanks for the reply. Is it alright to just do one match, or do we have to do multiple? I can't go to any before Nov 16th, but I've never competed and have always wanted to start. Feel like this would be a nice way to get started

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks for the reply. Is it alright to just do one match, or do we have to do multiple? I can't go to any before Nov 16th, but I've never competed and have always wanted to start. Feel like this would be a nice way to get started

Yeah, it's fine to just shoot one. A few of my friends do that. It's a relaxed match and any number of us would be glad to help you along. There's a spring league of NRA sanctioned matches too. The scores get reported to NRA for classification on those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom