A Rifle Range shooting over a Busy Highway? Check it Out.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I think the cars are protested by some type of berm. They mentioned that the shooter can't see the highway. But looking at the distance, it wont stop an round from dropping in...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think the cars are protested by some type of berm. They mentioned that the shooter can't see the highway. But looking at the distance, it wont stop an round from dropping in...

But things would have to be JUST right for it to clear the berm and drop into the space.

And if that happened, it would not be traveling at a high velocity.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I pity the poor slob who draws the short straw. He has to schlepp across a highway, then climb a lot of stairs change out the targets. Which look pretty big and clumsy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    But things would have to be JUST right for it to clear the berm and drop into the space.

And if that happened, it would not be traveling at a high velocity.

A knuckle-balling 7.62 through your side window ain't nothin' to sneeze at. :brows:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Maybe it works because Swiss shooters are disciplined and follow directions ?

And at Myrtle Grove we can't keep people from shooting the pillars out from under the baffles :-(

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    I pity the poor slob who draws the short straw. He has to schlepp across a highway, then climb a lot of stairs change out the targets. Which look pretty big and clumsy.

Generally Swiss ranges are electronic, so the shooter would just see a screen with shot placement. No need for going down there unless you’re a maintenance guy.

Looks like prone only as from the camera angle you can see the road.

Yeah, for a lot of those ranges there’s a sound-mitigating tube you shoot through, so you lay down on the carpeted shooting platform and shoot prone, or you can lift up the front part of the platform and can shoot kneeling.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    View ends well short of the range.

Maybe they shot the camera mast off the Google car

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What not Rt 29 between Silver Spring and Columbia?

We already have that. US40 where it runs through west Baltimore.

In northern germany, there is a town located between two military training reservations. They do indirect artillery fire from one to the other using inert training rounds. In 100 years of doing this, they planted a few of those into the middle of town :innocent0 .

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They do that between Aberdeen and Edgewood. Not over a town, but the Bush River.

I did some flying over Edgewood, and AMAZING number of perfectly circular ponds.

BTW, they don't fire only inert rounds. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom