How do you set up your WML? AR/AR pistol.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    NOT a review of my new Olight M2R Warrior light and accessories.
    Although Olight is a great new alternative to more expensive options out there.

I figure as long as the mounting of the light does not impede grip or obstruct sight picture?

Unseen benefits/disadvantages of bottom, top mounting?

Light bezel pushed forward even with the flash hider or set back somewhat, or no difference?

Being a 10" pistol, there's not a a lot of real estate. I have the actuator on top to be activated with my thumb with my grip.

I went with the right side because my QD sling mount forward left wont allow for me to mount the PIC attachment for the light mount.

I figure up top somewhat keeps the light off the ground if laying on the ground.

Before you ask. So this being a pistol with a brace 1. The hand stop is not in a vertical fore grip position. (not sure if that's legal or not anymore)
    Mounted on the side keeps my hand from sliding in front of the barrel and also, when I have the sling attached and in use, it pulls the front to the left. MY hand pushing with the "Side stop" counteracts the sling pull to the left.
    Works pretty well actually.

What y'all do?

Attachments

• setup.jpg
      setup.jpg
      73.7 KB · Views: 492
    • side.jpg
      side.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 452
    • sightpic.jpg
      sightpic.jpg
      77.5 KB · Views: 452

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    left side, where I can also hit the switch. But I also have something that consumes a lot less real estate.

Even if I wanted to mount it on top, it would interfere with sight picture.

Hypothetically, of course. I lost all my guns in a bizarre boating accident.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I need to get lights for my AR's. My plan is to mount them on the right side with a pressure pad/switch somewhere accessible with my left thumb either on top of the handguard or on the left side. In the event that I choose not to use a pressure pad/switch I'll mount them on the left side so I can activate them with my thumb. On my AR pistols, they will be mounted flush or close to flush with the handguard so that the light doesn't interfere with future suppressors. On the 16" it will probably extend past the handguard to get it closer to target/threat since I won't have to worry about a suppressor hitting it since I have a 12" handguard.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Also, since nobody asked and its not on topic, I am going to be the first to say: Dude, get a suppressor for that flash bang grenade you are holding. Soooo much better.

Sorry. Not going to spend more on a can and stamp that costs more than the build.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Sorry. Not going to spend more on a can and stamp that costs more than the build.

Well, one can could serve multiple rifles. A 30 cal works on my 223 and can serve many uppers. I would say it, but totally worth the $500 (stamp included). Once you put a can on an AR pistol its hard to go back to the concussion and blast.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well, one can could serve multiple rifles. A 30 cal works on my 223 and can serve many uppers. I would say it, but totally worth the $500 (stamp included). Once you put a can on an AR pistol its hard to go back to the concussion and blast.

I understand. However, there's a reason I have the folder on it, for a small size. This has become my take everywhere I can utility blaster. I have other crap in the safe I could can.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Nothing wrong with Olight.

I keep it pretty simple, usually side mount, sometimes offset top like yours, with a switch on top.

Below are an AR carbine and a 590 with similar lights/setups (simple, like me). 590 set up for Mrs GnR with #4 buck mini shells. Sorry about the 590 pic, Kerchak put his foot up on the bed again... :D

Attachments

• IMG_0108.jpg
      IMG_0108.jpg
      24.9 KB · Views: 366
    • IMG_0107.jpg
      IMG_0107.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 371

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hey Blaster....I Like that look, I hadn't thought of setting that up that way.....nice.

Thanks. It does a have little tactiCOOL factor.

The brace is the SB Tactical "minimalist"? brace. It was like 70 bucks. It isn't perfect. It rotates since it is only a slip on, on the buffer tube. But it works, and it takes a wee bit to turn it.
    I have other stuff for rifle accuracy shooting blah blah blah. This 10.5 is pretty dead on at 50 yards with the dot illuminated. I can hit center mass somewhere with it off just guesstimating through the glass. All I need it for.
    Not sure If I'll get back up sights for it. Starting to get crowded.

When I first moved up here, I met a couple troopers and showed them. Said they liked the idea and wanted to know what items I had.

This is my first foray into a carbine/rifle mounted light. I figured not a bad idea since it's going to ride in the vehicle with me during these times right now.
    Just paying attention to a little bit of paranoia. :)

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    I'm right handed and the lights at 3 o clock as far forward on rail as it can get. I plan on getting IR down the road and wanted to have one dual function pad.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    91250459_241151133941788_1184469529749618688_n.png

I have it mounted as you see here so I can hit the button with my support hand thumb, my left hand.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    90356360_563367314530903_2606428902469402624_n.jpg

I also have this mount for this particular gun right now, allows access with either hand, but I just use my left hand as a support hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom