• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    My review:

So a new place Mexican place opened up in Westminster. I had good experiences at Papa Joes and Cinco de Mayo, but something told me to wander in the new place, Habaneros. I have been there 8-10 times so far and the food is off the chain good and it just seems to be getting better every day they are open. They even have breakfast on the Weekends and it is pretty awesome too. They have a great Tequila selection and the staff is super friendly. They are in the old "Parks Landing" spot.

Please don't turn this into what Mexican place is better thread, this is just a review for my local Carroll County Peeps!

Today is my sexy wife's birthday so I foresee Tequila in our short future. :bannana:

I highly recommend in you are in the area to check it out. :thumbsup:

http://www.habanerosmd.com/

Monday - Thursday 11am - 9pm
    Friday 11am - 10pm
    ​Saturday 8am - 10pm
    ​Sunday 8am - 3pm

330 140 Village Road
    Westminster, MD 21157

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Will have to check them out next time I'm in the area. About time to take a road trip to the antique mall.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Wife's birthday plus Tequila shots and Margaritas = good times :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      87.5 KB · Views: 792

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Excited to hear they opened. A good friend of mine is part owner of this. They went through a lot to get the place opened. A lot of money, a lot of red tape, a lot of time. Glad to see that you liked enough to give it some press on MDS. I will have to let him know the good and the bad as he has always respected my opinions and ideas throughout the process. Everything but the location :sad20:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I will have to give it a try whenever I travel thru that area. Although being originally from New Mexico I have pretty high standards (still even average food is at least enjoyable). In he 80's the place I remember most was the Plata Grande over in that Holiday Inn in PG county. But no place I tried in this part of the country was as enjoyable as the Rio Grande in Bethesda. Just have not been there in the last 15 years so don't know its current quality. In WV, since Serrano's Grill closed, the best joint is the Fiesta Tapatia off exit 12 on I-81 in Martinsburg. They have a regular Chile Relleno and an Authentic Mexican version, which is the one to try. The Viva Mexico in Inwood is excellent also (not everything on the menu however). Usually the place I go to eat after shooting a match at Peacemaker.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    This week while training with world champ Max Michel I found a place with REAL Mexican food in Quakertown, PA of all places. If you are ever in the area look up a place called Tijuana Taco V and try their enchiladas. They look nothing like the ones sold to gringos as Mexican food.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Me and the wife went there Saturday for my birthday.

We got the nachos supreme to start and it was really good.

I had the carnitas tacos for dinner...very tender pork, good flavor.

We are definitely going there again...

jspero

Aug 6, 2009
    One Foot Out The Door
    I took the family there last night. We were pretty underwhelmed. Our waitress was nice, but we got our appetizer at the same time as the meal. They took it off the bill, but that is a pet peeve of mine. We all thought the main courses were pretty mediocre and none of us finished. I used to like Papa Joe's and was hoping for a replacement since they have gone down hill (service and food, especially for the prices they charge now). I refuse to go to the "other" place across from Papa Joe's, either. They served us a bunch of chicken bones in our nachos. They are never coming off the list. I might give Hab another try in a month or so, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom