• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Just got home from Moose Caboose with a Traxxas Stampede. The boy is in heaven. I now want to buy one.

Even when it might cost more than on-line, this is where buying local pays off. There was a problem with it out of the box. Took it in and they had it fixed in 8 minutes (motor not fully secured at the factory, stripped some teeth off the whatchyamahoogy gear). The guy (younger of the two fellows there) went over what he was doing and how to adjust the motor's position and all that.

Fantastic customer service.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Stampedes are built very well, I haven't broken anything on mine yet. Did you go 4x4?

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    Glad your son loves the Traxxas stampede. My sons each have had one for years. Most likely you'll just go trough a motor or steering servo at worst and they are cheap and easy to fix. We have Traxxas slashes also. The are a little bit faster. Traxxis stuff is very durable...

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    Moose Caboose is awesome. The number of times my boys (10 and 8) have been treated like first class customers in that shop is beyond count. My 8 year old has a small RC Scout helicopter that he loves. Whenever there's a problem with it, he grabs his little wallet and begs for a trip to the shop. More often than not he comes away with it fixed at no cost.

Great people.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    can't wait for my son to be old enough for the cool cars to come out. I haven't run them in years. For now I just let him chase or be chased by the Dromida 1/18th electric car. But as others have said it can turn expensive fast.

I still have a

blade cp helicopter
    HPI RS4 nitro
    HPI Super nitro
    HPI Nitro MT

I sold off my Nitro tmaxx and ofna nitro monster pirate.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Stampedes are built very well, I haven't broken anything on mine yet. Did you go 4x4?

2WD. He's 10 and paid for it mostly himself (saved his money from Christmas and birthday). The 4x4 was just too much $ until he's a bit more responsible (he can get rough with things - bad temper).

He did manage to break a suspension arm already, but that's $8.00 in parts and looks like something even I could fix. That's the nice thing about Traxxas - you might pay more compared to the cheaper brands, but you can get every part.

Moose Caboose is awesome. The number of times my boys (10 and 8) have been treated like first class customers in that shop is beyond count. My 8 year old has a small RC Scout helicopter that he loves. Whenever there's a problem with it, he grabs his little wallet and begs for a trip to the shop. More often than not he comes away with it fixed at no cost.

Great people.

:thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    2WD. He's 10 and paid for it mostly himself (saved his money from Christmas and birthday). The 4x4 was just too much $ until he's a bit more responsible (he can get rough with things - bad temper).

He did manage to break a suspension arm already, but that's $8.00 in parts and looks like something even I could fix. That's the nice thing about Traxxas - you might pay more compared to the cheaper brands, but you can get every part.

:thumbsup:

Best bet is to replace the stock parts with RPM as they break. The RPM parts are usually about the same price, but ridiculously tough, if you can break one, send it in, and they will send a new part for free. I've broken just about every stock part on my trucks, but never broke ANY RPM parts, but being softer nylon, you can strip screws in them easier, so be careful you don't overtighten screws when replacing them. Most hobby shops stock them for common models.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Best bet is to replace the stock parts with RPM as they break. The RPM parts are usually about the same price, but ridiculously tough, if you can break one, send it in, and they will send a new part for free. I've broken just about every stock part on my trucks, but never broke ANY RPM parts, but being softer nylon, you can strip screws in them easier, so be careful you don't overtighten screws when replacing them. Most hobby shops stock them for common models.

Thanks for the tip!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Not an r/c car, but geezers may remember this:

th

$200?!?!?! :shocked3:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cox...ce-Cool-Toy-/262346766271?hash=item3d1515f7bf

rukles

Apr 16, 2016
    Aberdeen Proving Ground
    Parts

Thanks for the tip!

Here's a link to sight that I use quite a bit when I buy RC parts. You can't go wrong with a Traxxas, I have 8 Traxxas (7 Battery, 1 Nitro) and haven't had many issues with any of them. Real easy to work on and can be very addictive when looking at upgrading parts, and like someone mentioned RPM makes some outstanding replacement and upgraded parts. I used to race them in North Carolina and can be very fun, not fun when a 10yr old beats you but...haha I have a 9yr old son, and we just have fun bashing them wherever we can. Best of luck and enjoy it.

http://www.dollarhobbyz.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom