• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Let's be honest here. San Francsico wants to shut down the last gun store in their City.
    They've been regulating and regulating gun stores out of business for 30 years and they want the last man on the block. They know they can't ban gun stores or else they will lose a lawsuit like Chicago did.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    Let's be honest here. San Francsico wants to shut down the last gun store in their City.
    They've been regulating and regulating gun stores out of business for 30 years and they want the last man on the block. They know they can't ban gun stores or else they will lose a lawsuit like Chicago did.

I think it would be interesting to see if they actually would lose the resulting lawsuit. Certainly SF could argue that the ban isn't a "substantial burden" on the right since there exist gun stores outside the city. While that line of reasoning clearly didn't fly in Ezell, it might easily fly here.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I think it would be interesting to see if they actually would lose the resulting lawsuit. Certainly SF could argue that the ban isn't a "substantial burden" on the right since there exist gun stores outside the city. While that line of reasoning clearly didn't fly in Ezell, it might easily fly here.

Different lawsuit. This one did not leave the district court. Ill. Ass’n of Firearms Retailers v. City of Chicago, sued Chicago over a complete ban on gun stores and won.

Hicap

Magazine Clips
    Jun 10, 2012
    .....and over night the city of San Francisco was crime free. The end. :)

I used to live there, I still go back once a year for Xmas. Instead of wasting time and money on this, they need to worry about their drugs and gang problems. Maybe then they'll see some results. Idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom