• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Good evening. Real quick. I purchased a lower prior to 10/1 and it was deliverd to my FFL in Frederick prior to 10/1. I went and filled out paperwork. It has been a while, plus he moved down the road somewhere. I finally got hold of him and he said he had not unpacked all the client toys. Oh, and he told me he no longer does the FFL deal. This was a few weeks ago. I have texted and called numerous times to no avail. I even asked if he could just transfer it to the nice guys in Rockville. Still nothing. One, I want it, and two, I do not want it to walk. The guy is nice, but it has been a while. So, at what point do I contact MSP? Thanks and sorry for the long shpeal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    You've been remarkably patient given this is a pre-October 1, 2013 lower. I would suggest this. Give Bob at Gunrunners in Frederick a call. Tell him your situation and ask if he could help in case he knows the local FFL. He might be able to arrange something.

I don't know how paperwork is handled in this sort of situation, given the criticality of making sure it was filed prior to the law changing (and if not, you need proof of purchase prior to this date).

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thanks. Funny, I got hold of the guy this morning on the way to work. I live in Germantown but work in DC. He cannot find the paperwork. He is talking to someone else in Frederick on the transfer. Thanks.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks. Funny, I got hold of the guy this morning on the way to work. I live in Germantown but work in DC. He cannot find the paperwork. He is talking to someone else in Frederick on the transfer. Thanks.

Glad to hear. Good luck on getting on your lower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom